Why become a member? ×

Aguilar cab prices....say what?!

Musicman20

8 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Crikey. You can get a TKS S112 for about half that, I think..?

Literally 2 hours ago, I ordered an S112 direct from Tommy, with the extra feet, a speakon-speakon cable and a padded TKS cover, couriered to my front door, for SIGNIFICANTLY less than half that...

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

I think Aguilar are soon going to be in danger of having priced themselves out of the market.

1 hour ago, Bigwan said:

This. I think they may have already done it to be frank...

What they seem to have done, in the UK at least, is created a market in which the only Aguilar gear people are prepared to buy is used O.o

Tried their new Grape Phaser at the LBGS and as soon as I saw the price (over £200 for a basic 2-knob pedal that sounded “fine”) I had to make my excuses and abandon ship. I can’t see them selling any units over here.

• Like 1

Crazy prices. They have a massive home market that should allow economies of scale but once import duties, distributor margin and dealer margin are added, it makes no sense.

i don’t know about the cabinets but the TH500 looks like it was made in someone’s shed.

2 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

Crikey. You can get a TKS S112 for about half that, I think..?

A few years back I purchase the SL112 in favour of the TKS which I had intended to buy. It did cost a lot less then, but still quite expensive. At the new price, I wouldn't even consider plugging it in to try it.

Are Aguilar not aware that there are other companies which build cabs??

By "overpricing" their equipment they basically restrict their market to Pros, those with too much money or those trying to emulate their heroes but who probably never will.

Can I suggest to their marketing dept that they look at similar items currently available on the market.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Are Aguilar not aware that there are other companies which build cabs??

They're aware. Aguilar is a small company, with a business model of selling small numbers of high priced goods rather than larger numbers of lower priced goods. They price their gear with the intent of attracting those who perceive high prices to equate with high quality, and there's no shortage of those. This cab won't work any better than one of the dozen or more other cabs using the same 2512 driver that sell for as little as half what the Aggie does, but so long as Aggie customers are willing to pay their prices they'll keep charging those prices. Can't say I blame them.

• Like 2

Before they had an import dealer, a few stores used to buy direct. I bought a Tonehammer for about £170 and a DB212 for about £600.

The Tonehammer is about £240 since having a dealer, and I’m not even sure I want to know the DB212 price.

It’s like the prices of Mesa gear over here. Excessive.