Why become a member? ×

SOLD Squier Jazz Bass 1989 £250
£295

paddybass

Price drop to £250. Willing to courier at cost.

Hi all, for sale is my Korean Squier with serial number S975287 which dates it as Samick factory, 1989. It's a nicely yellowed white and looks more yellow than in the photos. It has been great both live and in the studio and the pick ups, which look original, have a high output compared to other  similar basses I have. It weighs 4kg or 8.8lbs. Licensed by Schaller tuners, skunk stripe and some natural chips and scuffs as you'd expect from a used bass nearly 30 years old. You will notice the control plate is a slightly different shape than most Jazz basses. On some notes you can feel a slight buzz from the truss rod but it doesn't affect the playing, sound or recording of the instrument. It feels great and is very easy to play and has a great retro vibe. Not the original scratch plate. I love it but have other basses incoming and have to thin the herd. I will throw in a second hand case and will courier if needed at cost. Collection from Poole/Bournemouth area or a meet up. Thanks. 

Korea

KC and KV serial number prefixes are usually used on Crafted in Korea Squiers. S/E: The S and E serial number prefix Korean Squiers are from the late 1980s/early 1990s. S = Samick, E = Young Chang, E letter serial numbers were used on Young Chang's Fenix brand guitars.[6] The first number following the serial number prefix is the year.

The first guitars made in Korea are those with serial number written in silver E10 +5 digits (note 1 extra digit) possibly as early as 1986

For example,

• "E7 +5 digits with silver serial = made by Young Chang in 1987-88.
  • "S9" = made by Samick in 1989.
  • "E0" = made by Sung-Eum in 1990.
  • "E1" (+5 digits) with black serial = made by Sung-Eum in 1991.

There were also Korean Squier serials with no serial number prefix and 6 or 7 numbers and the first number is the year. Some late 80's and early 90's examples held a serial number with the prefix M followed by 7 numerals, although there is much that is not known about these guitars and their exact date of manufacture as Squier were undergoing a 'transitional' period at this time making precise dating difficult. They featured a high gloss maple neck with both rosewood and maple fretboard options and a slimmer 40mm body.

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Edited by paddybass