Why become a member? ×

Thank you D'addario

pbasspecial

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Adam and all at D'addario. 

I did a gig last Thursday and my D string broke during the second song.  Thankfully I brought a spare bass (first time ever for both).

So a few days ago a conversation on here to place about broken strings.  So I thought I'd mention it to D'addario, who were part of that conversation just as some customer feedback.  

Adam came straight back to me and offered to send a new set as a goodwill gesture.

Brand new set of strings arrived less than 48 hours later. Top bloke, top company!

Everyone is quick to moan about bad service, how about we also name the good guys here too.  Your turn:

image.jpeg

Edited by pbasspecial
  • Like 5

Sure beats the service from another company. I complained about a string from brand new set being pretty much dead.

They said "yeah, the larger gauges are prone to that. We'll send another out"

over 10 days later I got a replacement string... that was also dead.

Got D'Addarios on the bass now. No dead strings either...

• Like 1

Above and beyond the call of duty.

Every string I've ever broken has been entirely down to my own ham fistedness.

Apart from that one time the the E broke whilst the bass was leaning against the wall. I think it had probably just had enough of my abuse and decided it wanted out. 

• Haha 1

I have a half round set of theirs on my bass - lovely things. And yes - there are several threads on here that attest to D'addario's customer service excellence.

Admit it - you were going for a Flea-style solo and got entirely carried away!

• Haha 1

I'm a long time user of a huge array of D'Addario products. I use them every day for long hours sometimes. For the most part, I have noted a failure rate which is minuscule in the grand scheme of things. When I have had a problem, D'Addario's customer service has been exemplary - for years. That's pretty awesome considering they don't just make strings. They have a wide customer base to answer to and still mange to help folk with a superb quick turn around.

Nothing but good to say about @D'Addario UK And yes, in terms of disclosure, I do endorse D'Addario. I am (proudly) on the artist roster, but I wouldn't have accepted if I couldn't rely on them for my business needs.  So, Thank you Adam and co, you are brilliant, give yaselves a pat on the back!

Now, I should really get on with writing this new album.. lol.. D'Addario don't do any anti-procrastination products!!

Awww shucks.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Seriously though, we make over 800,000 strings per day and faults are very few and far between, but it is important we put it right if it does go wrong.

Thanks for the love guys, and having us as part of this great community!

Adam.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, D'Addario UK said:

Awww shucks.

Seriously though, we make over 800,000 strings per day and faults are very few and far between, but it is important we put it right if it does go wrong.

Adam.

800,000 per day?

:-o

I've just restrung my P with some of your nice rounds, like what I always do where rounds are concerned. They're lovely.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, D'Addario UK said:

Awww shucks.

Adam.

I’ve never tried them, can I have a free set to see if I like them?😉

Great strings and not too pricey either. I had a problem with a rogue medium scale that had found its way into my long scale set. A quick tweet and 3 days later a whole new set arrived. This is the sort of customer service that generates return custom. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

800,000 per day?

:-o

I've just restrung my P with some of your nice rounds, like what I always do where rounds are concerned. They're lovely.

Mind-boggling number!

At last count we have over 120 distributors in 101 countries, that's a lot of orders to fill. Glad you like them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D'Addario UK said:

Mind-boggling number!

At last count we have over 120 distributors in 101 countries, that's a lot of orders to fill. Glad you like them.

I’ve worked that out as 429 miles of strings based on an average 34” scale. That’s London to slightly past Edinburgh!

• Haha 1

On 26/04/2018 at 15:26, D'Addario UK said:

Awww shucks.

Adam.

Although they are probably a smaller limited market will you ever produce double ball end bass strings?

Oops, just checked your product site and found some!!! Are these available in the U.K.??

Edited by barneyg42

Nice to hear of good service where ever it happens

In 38 years I have not been a D'Addario user, But last year was given some with a purchase. And have noticed since that most basses sold on here are photographed with these coloured ball ends, that must say something.

and also notice since putting these on my bass  :heart: