Why become a member? ×

Strymon Big Sky - I am being sucked in. Help me!

Owen

I really fancy the chorale noises the Big Sky makes. And the shimmer stuff. I have a Neunaber set up which does a lovely shimmer thing and a really great kind of infinite reverb thing. I will post an example of that in a moment. Superlong tails that can be left running while the effect is out of line. See next post for example.

Can I get this chorale kind of effect on a unit that does not cost the wrong side of 400 quid? I could flog the Nunaber set up (slate 2 + exp) to offset cost but that also has a useful freeze function for sustaining notes. Humph :(

12 hours ago, cLepto-bass said:

Is that sample just the Neunaber? If so, which model?

It is just one setting on the Neunaber and a bowed Double Bass doing harmonics. You load all their different pedals in to the slate so I am not sure which it is tbh. I will have a look.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Reverb? Try the new Ventris from Source Audio - so clever it has 2 engines. But it is something like £300, so yeah, not super-affordable.

That said - this sort of stuff is complicated!

+1 The Ventris is likely to be a strong competitor. It’ll also take up less space on your board, if you care about that sort of thing.

• Like 1