Why become a member? ×

I saw this and thought of you...

anzoid

Wow...only £50 with £10 P&P..

You can tell by the description that the seller is completely trustworthy and honourable...

Only one person is going to be able to win this amazing instrument...which means the rest of us are going to be disappointed...

Looks like you posted this just in time for us all to get our bids in early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

Wow...only £50 with £10 P&P..

You can tell by the description that the seller is completely trustworthy and honourable...

Only one person is going to be able to win this amazing instrument...which means the rest of us are going to be disappointed...

Looks like you posted this just in time for us all to get our bids in early.

I just hope whoever is so unlucky as not to win this beautiful instrument wont be a saw loser...

Edited by dyerseve
  • Sad 1

Musical saws used to be popular in music hall/variety days. A number of companies made them (a pal has a Sandvik 'Stradivarius'). They are usually thinner than standard wood working saws, so you can put the slight 'S' bend into them that you need to produce the sound. You play them with a cello bow. See:

• 2 weeks later...

A folk duo once turned up at my local om and played guitar and saw duets. The sound was strikingly, hauntingly beautiful. I've heard similar effects in some electronic music, but with nothing like the resonance and impact of a real physical instrument in a small room. Must be harder to do than it looks, though.