Why become a member? ×

NBD: ESP/LTD B208FM - 8 string bass

HazBeen

Having recently extended my "cover/tribute" activity by adding a Pearl Jam gig I needed to re-acquire an 8 string bass. After some great advice (including advice originating from this here pasture) I was tipped on a ridiculously good deal on a new old stock ESP/LTD B208FM. I paid a fraction what they normally cost (I paid €400).

A bass like this one: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/B208STBLK--esp-ltd-b-208-8-string-see-thru-black

It is not the prettiest, although it is better looking than the Dean Rhapsody 8 I used to own. The preamp and pickups are all ESP/LTD own design and I must admit they sound very good considering the cost of the bass. The neck is quite slim for an 8 string neck so very playable.

What suprised me the most however was the build quality of this Indonesian made instrument, I had never owned or even touched an LTD previously, it really is very very good value for money.

So, if you need to play Cheap Trick/ Kings X / Pearl Jam songs that feature a 12 or 8 string, this should be one to consider.

That is all :)

• Like 1

Yeh - I wondered as when I was looking, this was one of the models I was interested in (well, it is not a huge market anyway). There seemed to be two models, the older one having a 4 string bridge, and others having an 8 string bridge, but they seemed to have the same model number and were otherwise identical, so wondered which one that was.