Why become a member? ×

Ambient Bass Looping #7

BassBus

Bit of a departure for me this one. Turned on the DAW, recorded and improvised with no plan or arrangement. It is what it is but I wouldn't change anything. If you're not keen on ambient bass maybe this isn't for you. Otherwise sit back and let the music take somewhere for 20 minutes.

Edited by BassBus
  • Like 1

Ah, "Drastic Plastic" "Axe Vicitim" (which had a brilliant cover - well, I thought it was.... back in the day)
Re BN's Red Noise - I used to think the video to "Do you dream In colour" was the wackiest thing I'd ever seen! :)
You can look up loads of Bill Nelson on YouTube - A Firestick was the best thing I ever bought (non-bass related, that is)

For some inexplicable reason, I sold quite a bit of vinyl years back....
One of the albums I'm really sorry I sold, was "Atmospheres for dreaming" - which came as a bonus 12" disc with another LP
(I think that was "Quit dreaming and get on the beam"? - please correct me if I'm wrong)
But I'd taped "Atmospheres" and probably needed cash.....

I haven't found a copy on CD, and really wish I could :(

Anyhow, as soon as Duarte said your track sounded like BN - I Immediately thought the same, as it reminded me of "Atmospheres"
I played the track again earlier... and I'll play it again later.
Let me know when your CD is released! :)

• Like 2

Ah, now I see where you're coming from. That was way ahead of its time. Steve Lawson is my biggest influence at the moment and I can hear the same sort of format in his music to Bill Nelson's. Shall have to look into more of this. That's the value of social media, endless inspiration for new directions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BassBus said:

Ah, now I see where you're coming from. That was way ahead of its time......
Shall have to look into more of this. That's the value of social media, endless inspiration for new directions.

Indeed - though at the time (and it was a long time back) it seemed "different" rather than ahead of its' time - these are sometimes, but not always the same thing, of course
Yes, there are many values to social media, and this is one of them....

Happy re-visiting of the past, and happy exploring of new inspiration :)

• 1 month later...