Why become a member? ×

Iva Davies / Icehouse

fleabag

Just remembered i caught Icehouse live by accident when i went to see Bowie at Milton Keynes Bowl on his Serious Moonlight tour.

They were supporting , and i was impressed. This was the mid 80's and synth was big.

And there i was rummaging through YT again, and up he pops.  And 30 odd or more years on he can still sing, unlike like a lot of old farts that are still going

Vid of a classic,  full band , great bass  and an acoustic version of another classic. Davies has a great vocal IMO and he's lost the aewful mullet

Edited by fleabag

Apparently, Guy was on bass '82-'86 so  there was a chance  i saw him with Icehouse at the Milton Keynes gig, which was '83 i think. 

Beer and other substances at the time have clouded the memory a smidge

Wonder if there's any vids ...

• Haha 1

First time i saw IH was on the Tube. I was knocked out by the mix and overall tone of the band. Hey Little girl sounded amazing. I 'think' it was Guy on bass, but i wasn't aware of him or the band at the time.

Agree with the comments about Guy's book. Its a great read, and in fact the only book ive read in the past 3 decades lol.

7 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

First time i saw IH was on the Tube. I was knocked out by the mix and overall tone of the band. Hey Little girl sounded amazing. I 'think' it was Guy on bass, but i wasn't aware of him or the band at the time.

Agree with the comments about Guy's book. Its a great read, and in fact the only book ive read in the past 3 decades lol.

I've read quite a few over past couple of years while on holiday including Guy's, Glenn Hughes, Gene Simmons, Ozzy and Bob Daisley's to read this year's holiday in May.

Like the various F1 driver autobiography's too. David Coultard's was interesting if you like F1 that is.

Dave 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 23:51, fleabag said:

Just remembered i caught Icehouse live by accident when i went to see Bowie at Milton Keynes Bowl on his Serious Moonlight tour.

They were supporting , and i was impressed. This was the mid 80's and synth was big.

I was at one of those gigs too. I think there were 2 or 3 dates back to back. Weren’t The Beat doing support as well? I seem to remember them doing Mirror in the Bathroom and Stand Down Margaret.

Just as Icehouse reached the guitar solo in Hey Little Girl, his guitar cut out, poor bloke.