Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Sandberg California TM4 - £875 (reduced)
£925

Al Krow

You will likely already be very familiar with these high quality German hand-made basses! This one has an ash body with a 6-bolted maple neck. The neck is very playable and has 22 high quality frets and a zero fret underneath the nut.

It features two Delano pickups: one jazz hum-cancelling dual-coil pickup in the neck; and one MM splittable humbucker in the bridge, for a big, clear tone with and the plenty of tonal options.

Comes with a well made, sturdy red and black Sandberg gig-bag.

• Neck - Bolted x 6 / Maple with vintage tint
  • Fretboard - Maple 22 Frets, 
  • Body - ASH
  • Scale - 34"
  • Finish - High gloss (additional £60 option)
  • Black blocks (additional £159 option)
  • Hardware - Sandberg
  • Pickup - 1 x Delano T style, 1 x MM style
  • Electronics - Sandberg 2 band active/passive bass/treble, passive tone control, pickup coil tap switch
  • The instrument has been fully plek'd

Bought new in May 2014, with additional high gloss and black block finishes (which were additional options costing £219 together). It has been well looked after since then (it's in very good condition with a very small circular ding to the gloss varnish in the 5th picture) and serviced. 

Been pointed out that there's a missing 's' on the logo (which I and my bandmates had somehow missed - guess it hasn't affected how it sounds too much! :)) - I've knocked £50 off to reflect that. Now at £875 collected from central London / meet up half way or plus P&P if you need me to courier.

I'm slowly transitioning from 4 to 5 strings so this previously 'go to' bass for me is now being moved on as part of that.

Sandberg (1).JPG

Sandberg (2).JPG

Sandberg (3).JPG

Sandberg (4).JPG

Sandberg (6).JPG

Sandberg (5).JPG

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, cLepto-bass said:

Apologies, I meant no offence regarding the blocks. I've just never got on with them aesthetically. Good luck.

None taken :) - I totally agree that you've got to go for what appeals to you.

Edited by Al Krow

13 hours ago, BreadBin said:

I like blocks, but what happened to the 'S'? 

Given that I didn't spot that missing 's' I should probably knock a bit off the asking price - £50 should cover it?

Done.

Edited by Al Krow

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to give this bass a bit of a road test at the weekend.  I went along to one of @Al Krow 's gigs and during the break I had a little play of the bass and was very impressed, then during the following set I was called up to play a song and got to give it a proper play.  The bass has a lovely feel to it, very nice to play (better than a Fender Jazz I used to use) and has a lot of tone options.  I'm also a fan of block inlays and if I could afford it at the moment I think I would have bought it! It is a gorgeous bass.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2018 at 08:49, skidder652003 said:

This is lovely! You like 5's now eh? Hmmmmmmm...

Thanks! And it certainly won't be the end of the world if it hangs around for a bit longer in the Krow herd :) 

Did you have something in mind in terms of a 5er?

• 3 weeks later...