Why become a member? ×

The 80's thread.

bubinga5

9 hours ago, BrunoBass said:

The whole of Simple Minds ‘Empires and Dance’ - one of the first ‘proper’ albums I ever bought. It still sounds fresh, vibrant and current today, nearly forty years on. And Derek Forbes’ basslines are wonderful.

+ 1 , the golden perdiod for the Minds was from EAD via Sons & Fascination/Sister Feelings Call to New Gold Dream. All chocka with cracking, memorable basslines.

As I teen in the 80s there's loads of stuff I liked; Two Tone, post punk, electronic stuff and a lot of pop. Still do and here's one that's really evocative for me

• Like 2

The 80's was a great decade. A fantastic time for music.

In 1980 the Blues Brothers film came out. Steely Dan released Gaucho.

In 1984 Nathan East joined Eric Clapton.

In 1985 I came out of retirement and have been gigging ever since.

In 1988 Little Feat reformed with Craig Fuller and put out Let It Roll. IMO one of their best albums.

In 1989 Delbert McClinton put out Live From Austin. One of the best live albums released.  Bonnie Raitt put out Nick Of Time.

And the gigs from James Brown to BB King and Ry Cooder. . . this is just the tip of the iceberg.

19 minutes ago, Maude said:

An honourable mention for 'Twigman', although I think this was before his time with the band. 

The recording predates my time in the band, just, - the pic on the video post dates my first stint in the band.....

The only 'OFFICIAL' video we ever made was this - - it was made on a French building site : - yes I am the fella with the 62JV...and yes we are miming badly...LOL

• Like 1

This because punks hated them so much without reason, except the fact they were really talented and gifted. The yes Drama album is under rated and one of their best with Trevor Horn singing, playing fretless bass, composing and producing.

The 3 wonderful pieces.