Why become a member? ×

The 80's thread.

bubinga5

We were maybe all near that time when music was from the 80's. Evolved from the 70's, or maybe evolved into the beyond. It was one of the greatest times in music.. I think these amongst a hundred others are my favourites. Whats yours.?

This electronic classic will stay with me forever. 

This will also stay with me forever. 

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 2

The year was 1982, I was 9, I had been given (second hand) a 70's Bontempi Hit Organ and Yazoo's 'Don't Go' was riding high in the charts. I fired up the Bontempi, which roared into life with its overbearing fan noise, and I learnt how to play the opening riff of above song. I was the coolest person ever :D

While not the best 80's song, this brings back fond memories. Back then everything Vince Clarke did was magic to me, I'd never heard these sounds before. 

• Like 3

The thing I love about the 80's is the variety and changes the music scene went through, it started out with the last throws of punk and disco, then new wave, post punk, new romantics, electronic, goth, alternative, rap, hip hop, acid house, hair and glam metal and everything else in between, all in a decade, amazing. 

Here are some of my alternative 80's favs. 

• Like 2