Meddle

Fender PJ Mustang pickguard - white pearloid
£25

So... I made this pickguard! I ordered a white pearloid pickguard for my PJ Mustang, but it took about four weeks to arrive. In the interim I made my own pickguard from a white pearloid blank, using hand tools all the way.

9jUQRfD.jpg

I produced the bevel by mounting a Stanley blade at 45 degrees and running it around the edge of the pickguard, a little at a time. I coloured the edge in with a permanent marker, and stopped scraping once all the ink was removed and the black layer was an even width.

Gm6xvjt.jpg

I hand cut/dug the counter-sinking for each pickguard screw:

QUNEpKN.jpg

The pickup route was the trickiest bit.

In place on my Mustang bass, and it fits:

Q6BPGoI.jpg

Alas my WD Music has shown up, so I don't need this. For half the cost of the WD pickguard you can have my DIY creation!

My only caveat is that to fit it to my Mustang I had to loosen off the pickups and then re-seat them in the bass. Not sure why, but the pickups mount with two screws per pickup half, and they sit on black foam. Therefore they have a bit of travel to them.

Postage would be about £2 from Edinburgh, or you can collect/meet up if you live here!

Thanks,

Alan

Hi!

I have a warped pickguard on my Mustang so looking to change it. If you have this one still available, would you consider sending to Sweden?

Thanks!

12 hours ago, itsalwaysyou said:

Hi!

I have a warped pickguard on my Mustang so looking to change it. If you have this one still available, would you consider sending to Sweden?

Thanks!

Hello,

Absolutely! I also have a clean, stock mint-green Fender PJ Mustang pickguard if you want?

Drop me a PM and we can sort something out!

Alan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 40hz
      Hello all!
      Up for sale is my recently acquired Japanese Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass in borderline mint condition. Like so many others before it, I just cannot wean myself off my Modulus Flea, so this is too nice a bass to have sat around not being played. 
      Serial Number dates it to 2006-2008.
      I'll have to find some scales to weigh it properly, but it's very lightweight for one of these. The other two I've played have been anchors. As a rough ballpark it feels like it weighs the same as my Flea, which is 8lbs 8oz. 
      2 band active EQ (with freshly installed battery) with active passive switch. Does the whole super jazz thing to a T, with a balls to the wall slap tone.
      Frets are in great condition. Truss rod works. Set-up is low and buzz free.
      Cosmetically it's superb for a 14 year old bass. There is one 'tiny' ding on the upper bout and some slight tarnishing on the tuners but nothing else to report.
      Comes with a hardcase (in superb condition) and straplocks.
      Only thing I would consider trade wise is a Warwick Thumb 4 with slight cash adjustment my way depending on condition.
      As always with me, cash on collection (sorry I won't post) or happy to meet up within a fairly large radius to myself here on the Warwickshire/Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire border, or even deliver for petrol costs.
      No offers or lowballers please. I'm not in any kind of a rush to sell.
      Thanks for looking!
      Si.

• By FDC484950
      Recent purchases of both a Dimension V HH deluxe and a jazz deluxe V mean I have a surplus of 5-string Fenders, so my 2014 Fender Dimension STD V HH is up for sale.
      Specs:
      2-piece centrally-bookmatched alder body maple neck with graphite rods Rosewood fingerboard with 21 frets 2 dimension humbuckers with horseshoe pole pieces Fender hi mass bridge (now being used on the new Ultra series) spoke wheel truss rod adjustment Vol/Vol/Tone controls (totally passive) Fender light weight tuners with tapered shaft including B string stealth retainer Fender gigbag  Its absolutely immaculate - I cannot see any evidence of scratches, dents or damage (even the almost-universal chip in the top of the headstock is missing). It’s been recently cleaned and set up with Warwick Black label strings. the neck has an almost natural wood feel to it but is nice and smooth and the asymmetric neck is a breeze to play. string spacing is a comfortable 18mm at the bridge. Weight is 4.5Kg or 9.9lbs but balance is good so it feels fine on a strap.
      I think this is a bargain for a USA-made Fender V whose fit and finish is as good as their custom shop - both the woodwork and finishing on this bass is fantastic.
      I can now offer postage on this - for some reason I forgot that both it’s hard case and box it was shipped in to mr was in the garage. Postage will be UPS, fully insured at cost.
      Any questions, just ask!

• By Kevsy71
      For sale: Fender Jazz, now £600 inc. UK courier

Made in Japan circa 1984-1987 going by the serial number.
      Lovely gloss black with red tort guard and a dark rosewood board.
      38mm at nut and 8 1/2 lbs on the scales. Wearing (I think) Rotosound swing rounds. Has Fender Gen4 Noiseless pickups.
      Some minor dings but nothing really noticeable.
      Purchased recently from the mighty @walshy and a lovely player - but I've seen a 5er I'll need to move quickly on.
      Will be shipped in hardcase.
      Original sales thread here: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/376161-fender-jazz-sold/?tab=comments#comment-3904602
      Payment by BACS or PayPal with fees paid. Or try it here in Tonbridge, Kent (15 mins from J5 M25)
      Cheers!
      Kev
    • By Heathy
      For sale  - my American Deluxe Precision in natural finish with maple fingerboard.
      P/J pickup configuration. 21 Fret. 3 band active EQ with Active/Passive switch. Weighing in at 9lbs.
      The bass dates to 2012, and is still in excellent condition with all original parts. There is one ding on the top edge of the body, which I only recently discovered by feel, and couldn't capture in a photograph.
      Looking for £950 £850 £800!
      Price includes spare tort pickguard, original Fender hard case +candy, and two planet waves straps with strap locks (if you want them!).
      Inspired by a thread on this forum I recently considered converting this bass to passive, so will also throw in the custom pickguard I bought for this project.
      Collection preferred, or buyer to arrange shipping (I am based in North Essex).
      Not looking for trades. Sorry.
      My feedback thread is here:
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/124316-feedback-for-heathy-steve/?tab=comments#comment-1137183
      Pics below.