Why become a member? ×

Power bank recommendations

NickMK1

Try go small so bought a Mooer 6 unit mi.i pedalcase with a mumi tuner and 4 if their pedals. All work quietly with the supplied daisy chain link cable. Just added a tender octaver and instant signal noise like an electronic note which is quite loud. Mooer say I need a regulated and isolated multi power supply. Theirs only has a 3 isolated outputs though and the other 5 are all linked. Any recommendations for a decent but reasonably affordable properly isolated 8 way ps ideally with an 18v out for my Eden preamp. Thanks.

Not sure if you are allowed to post links, but I recently bought this and it works a treat. 8 isolated 9V, one 9V high current (500mA), one 12V and one 18V.

Really cheap too and it comes with all the cables you need. No background noise at all even with 7 pedals on at the same time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guitar-Pedal-Power-Supply-Overcurrent/dp/B06XPG8B71/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524498392&sr=8-3&keywords=power+supply+pedals

Edited by Iacopo San

I’ve had the same problem with my new Tender Octaver, very noisy when linked to other pedals. I have a Caline power supply as in the last link, with my other Mooer’s Linked to it, as soon as you connect the Octaver, loads of noise. I now use it with a separate single power supply. No props now.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2018 at 16:48, Iacopo San said:

Not sure if you are allowed to post links, but I recently bought this and it works a treat. 8 isolated 9V, one 9V high current (500mA), one 12V and one 18V.

Really cheap too and it comes with all the cables you need. No background noise at all even with 7 pedals on at the same time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guitar-Pedal-Power-Supply-Overcurrent/dp/B06XPG8B71/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524498392&sr=8-3&keywords=power+supply+pedals

+1 for this, I was a little dubious at first but it's been working just fine for the past 6 months.

• Like 1

On that note, is there a reason why you should spend proper money on a power supply?

I just purchased this one because it seemed mad to splash 70-100 pounds - that's another pedal!

3 hours ago, jarc11 said:

+1 for this, I was a little dubious at first but it's been working just fine for the past 6 months.

Ok, so I've had no issues with this, running with the following: Korg PitchBlack -> Boss ODB3 -> Big Muff Pi Bass - > Bass Clone -> Spectracomp.

However, there is another thread on CB:

and a reddit thread:

All suggesting these are not isolated supplied, just a daisy chain in a box.

Just now, jarc11 said:

Ok, so I've had no issues with this, running with the following: Korg PitchBlack -> Boss ODB3 -> Big Muff Pi Bass - > Bass Clone -> Spectracomp.

However, there is another thread on CB:

and a reddit thread:

All suggesting these are not isolated supplied, just a daisy chain in a box.

This fella concurs with that (http://stinkfoot.se/power-supplies)