Why become a member? ×

Abe Laboriel jr. Drummer.

Colonel36

Good Stuff ^^ ...

That's exactly how I go about playing 'free-style' when I'm not playing covers or such, or just chilling out, with 'empty' rhythms that correspond to stuff only I can hear in my imagination. Up the tempo a little, change the accent, throw in a fill or 'falling down stairs' drum lick, cool it down and start again... I get lost when playing (drums, stoopid... ¬¬ ) by myself; it can go on for quite a while until I suddenly find that I've forgotten to 'breath' again, and have to stop for a rest, exhilarated but exhausted. :$

Good Stuff...

55 minutes ago, Colonel36 said:

What a sound. What a drummer and great attitude also.

His Dad, Abe Sr, is a cracking bassist too.

In a career break while his wife was away from home Abe Sr stopped playing to stay home and raise Abe Jr for a couple of years.  He then went back to gigging when his wife was back home to continue the parenting.

I like both of them.

6 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Good Stuff ^^ ...

That's exactly how I go about playing 'free-style' when I'm not playing covers or such, or just chilling out, with 'empty' rhythms that correspond to stuff only I can hear in my imagination. Up the tempo a little, change the accent, throw in a fill or 'falling down stairs' drum lick, cool it down and start again... I get lost when playing (drums, stoopid... ¬¬ ) by myself; it can go on for quite a while until I suddenly find that I've forgotten to 'breath' again, and have to stop for a rest, exhilarated but exhausted. :$

Good Stuff...

Glad we finally agree Dad. xD

I just keep coming back to watch it as I like it so much. He's more power than I've ever had.