Why become a member? ×

Happy Birthday Glenn Cornick.

Coilte

Some years ago, I spent a couple of months in LA, playing in a bar band, run by a singer/songwriter I had known in London. On St Patrick's Day (17 March), we had the night off, so I took my fiddle and went in search of a bar with Irish music. Came across one with rather a decent band and the woman playing fiddle turned out to be someone I knew from the Kilburn trad' sessions. I got chatting to them during their break, told the bass player I recognised him and asked who he was. Surprise, surprise , he was none other than Glenn Cornick. At the time, he was working as a sales manager with a frozen food company and gigging for fun in his spare time. We had a long chat during the break and I played a couple of sets of tunes with the band later. Glenn was a very nice chap and a fine musician.

13 hours ago, fleabag said:

He maybe now ? Shame

I sold him a bass neck on Ebay  and as he was in the US, he sent Clive Bunker round to my home to collect it for him

What a lovely guy Clive is too. 

Great rhythm section. Glen's take on bass playing and Clive's jazzy rock drumming were a great mix of styles.

• Like 1