Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha BB2000 Japan '82
£1000

will4bass

Fantastic Yamaha BB2000 built in Japan in 1982. The time when they killed Fenders like Eurovision kills music. Everything works perfect, immaculate condition, just a few scratches at the bottom of the body. Including OHSC in great condition too.

These basses tend to be quite heavy, this one is relatively light with 4300 grams on my kitchen scale, and even more important: very well balanced.

The Yamaha BB2000 was the main bass in the eighties for players like Tetsuo Sakurai (Casiopea) and Michael Anthony (Van Halen) which shows the versatility apart from the great playability, built quality and sound as such. A BB2000 is quite a different beast than the more common BB1000 or BB300/BB400 and certainly a different class than the BB’s built outside Japan like Taiwan etc. It’s hard to explain but compared with a BB1000 the P-sound is fuller/tighter, the J- bridge sound is more like a fantastic JB but with a very nice addictive punchy charachter, the PJ sound is much more like a fat JB than a PJ.

This bass could be a collectors item considering the condition and relative rareness. It won’t lose value! For the ones are who are unfamiliar with these old BB-series: the BB2000 is nothing like Yamaha has been or is making, no offense, because Yamaha builds good and solid instruments.

I have too many great basses so I got to sell which means killing darlings... or should I say geisha’s?

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

Edited by will4bass
Sold
  • Like 3

Fabulous bass and a great weight for one of these. I had one for a few years. Sounded superb but it weighed 11 lbs which eventually led to its departure.

Edited by ikay
  • Like 1

Great basses both sound and build.  I use a 1980 version of the same but it is on the heavy side at around 10.5 lbs but does balance well.  Can't ever see me getting rid of mine after hunting high and low to find one in good condition. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MoJo

That looks like one bass you will regret selling. If I had £1000, it would be on it's way to the UK

Hi Mojo, never regret and look forward is my motto. Then again: I’m a player, no collectir and I have too many great basses, all of them I bought or traded with my heart (and some money). I feel blessed to have the luxury to let go of such a beautiful instrument.

Guest MoJo

How much are kidneys going for on the black market these days? I've got to find £1000 from somewhere

Edited by MoJo

5 hours ago, MoJo said:

How much are kidneys going for on the black market these days? I've got to find £1000 from somewhere

Tell the wife and kids that they don't have to worry about packing for summer holidays!