Why become a member? ×

1974 Fender Precision Bass
£1800

Flanker2

Lightweight ‘74 Fender Precision I traded for my Five String P Bass after I had a stroke seven years ago. I had hoped that I might eventually regain some playing ability, and still vaguely do, but owning a nice Skjold and this Fender is daft, and I have better uses for my cash. I’ll keep the Skjold, but  both these basses deserve better than more or less permanently hanging on a wall.

The guys at Bass Direct loved this Bass when I took it there last year to get fitted with strap-locks. Unfortunately Mark wasn’t there but Marcus and the other guy working there said it was a nice Bass, so nice that one of them offered to buy it from me, but at that stage I wasn’t selling. Believe me, I still wish I wasn’t.

I am in Milton Keynes, and really don’t want to post this Bass. It came with a hard case, but no metalwork. I’d prefer to wait until someone could pick it up in person, though I am willing to drive an hour in any direction except South into London to meet up.

I don’t know if they still hang out here, but I used to deal with Platypus, Terry Day, HappyJack and many more and I think this bass used to belong to Warwickhunt. 

I’ve probably forgotten loads, my number is 07976 827138.

Thanks. It’s a lovely bass that deserves to be played.

115801EA-D344-4325-B635-2E9F3EB08D51.jpeg

F20325DC-2A70-434B-B3D4-9D5E7C95412E.jpeg

E1324007-8EF5-4B68-93EC-349AF51F3920.jpeg

• Like 2

Flanker, a heartfelt welcome back old buddy for a number of reasons you’ve been on my mind a lo, in fact only yesterday (don’t worry, not as suspect as it may sound). Hope all is a well as can be expected. Chris 

3 minutes ago, Flanker2 said:

Thanks Chris. It is difficult, like flying, I have had to let the bass go. In fact, I have found it easier to let go of aeroplanes than I have playing the bass. But I’m doing ok, in fact, I’ve learned a hell of a lot. 😊

Oh... sorry to hear it.

1 minute ago, Flanker2 said:

Thanks Chris. It is difficult, like flying, I have had to let the bass go. In fact, I have found it easier to let go of aeroplanes than I have playing the bass. But I’m doing ok, in fact, I’ve learned a hell of a lot. 😊

I take my hat off to you mate. 

I wanted to make a joke along the lines ‘have you thought of drums’ but thought better of it :)

14 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Good to see you back Flanker. I well remember driving up to MK-ish to meet you, but I'm now struggling to remember if it was an Alleva-Coppolo I was buying from you!

Yes Jack, I remember you too, you had a BMW, did I have mine then, or still my old Soarer. It was the Five String Alleva Coppolo Precision, do you still have it?

No, I remember the bass well, but not who owned it!  I think Steve Bird had it for a while before getting the white AC that belonged to Paul Turner.

The AC that HappyJack mentions was a Antigua Five String Precision AC that I bought new from the place near Colchester area, I can’t remember the name. Come to think of it, I can’t remember much, can I. 😜