Why become a member? ×

Angling a cab and head

redbandit599

Hi all

As I'm mostly going through the pa these days I'm considering downsizing and maybe just using one of my 1x12 cabs.

I think it might be handy to angle it up a bit. Would be easy enough the knock up some sort of wedge for the cab, I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas about how you could still keep a seperate head on top. I'm currently using a GK MB 500 Fusion, so not bulky.

Cheers

Jason

I used one of these, someone on here linked me to it when I was in a similar situation:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GMM74T0/ref=asc_df_B00GMM74T051942047/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B00GMM74T0&linkCode=df0&hvadid=214462264766&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17959555060353432343&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046574&hvtargid=pla-421630808123

Cheap and cheerful, does the job admirably and weighs nothing. I no longer have the rig but you can see it in use here:

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

I saw an ad on a FB site where the guy used an Ikea Laptop Support to stop his amp sliding off. I thought it had been fabricated as a one off. It's on my shopping list the next time I go to Ikea.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/smart-home-appliances/cables-chargers/bräda-laptop-support-black-art-60150176/

Yeah that was my advert! You can buy them on Amazon (see link above) if you don't fancy trudging around Ikea.

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Like 1

On 21/04/2018 at 19:50, redbandit599 said:

Hi all

As I'm mostly going through the pa these days I'm considering downsizing and maybe just using one of my 1x12 cabs.

I think it might be handy to angle it up a bit. Would be easy enough the knock up some sort of wedge for the cab, I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas about how you could still keep a seperate head on top. I'm currently using a GK MB 500 Fusion, so not bulky.

Cheers

Jason

I just put my GK MB800 on the floor. I dont tend to need to touch it during gigs once im set up.

In the past i have used a pair of small G-Clamps on the front of the cab, with a bungee cord going around the back of the head. Not quite elegant but it did the job.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

I'd stick it flat on the floor, I think you're covering the vents on the side there?

Good point, but it was a spur of the moment decision to put it on the floor cos at the time we had nowhere else to put the mixer other than on top of my cab.  With velcro I can stick it on more or less anywhere.