Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD - Barefaced Super Compact Gen 3
£460

Barefaced Super Compact Gen 3 from August 2017, with Roqsolid cover.

Efficient, small in stature and with massive balls, this is the Angela Merkel of bass cabinets. I bought this cab from a fellow basschatter who owned it from new. The previous owner barely used it, and I'm disappointed to say I did the same. It's taken on three gigs and around 10 rehearsals with myself, and all scenarios required me to turn down. 

The Super Compact comprises of 1x12 inch speaker that was manufactured using witchcraft and doesn't have (read 'need') a tweeter. Despite having all the top end you'll ever need (unless you are trying to be Mark King), it lends itself more gracefully to mellower or bass/mid focused tones, as per the Barefaced site. It weighs 12kg, and has nearly broken the noses of two people who tried to lift it not realising how light it is.  I've used two different heads, a GK 700rb ii and an LM3, and it flatters them both. I'm selling with it the Roqsolid cover that I ordered with blue piping.

In the interests of full disclosure, when I ordered the cabinet from the previous owner, it was shipped a very considerable distance and across two countries. The cab wasn't fastidiously packaged and the courier had tried their damnedest to give it a hard time, but the little black box laughed it all off, save for the scars you see in the pictures. As a consequence, one of the input jacks didn't work, so I emailed Alex at Barefaced and he pointed me in the direction of their suppliers and and the new input was fitted by an electrical engineer (i.e. my Dad). All works brilliantly. 

I have advertised this elsewhere and it has lots of admirers, but no-one serious yet. From my experience with couriers (as above), I'm not very willing to ship. I'd much prefer collection from South Wales or thereabouts, unless you organise collection/man with a van/courier etc. I'm based in Merthyr Tydfil, and will travel around 40 miles to meet or deliver if need be. 

Cash or PayPal, with the fees accounted for on your end, would be great. In terms of trade, I am overflowing with gear, but that's not to say I won't say yes to something else, even another cabinet. I'm selling this wonderful little box as even though I've read all the bumph that says tweeters and horns are the work of the Devilimageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a, there's something that I really like about them and miss on this cab. And yes, I do spend most Saturday afternoons and evenings to be Mark King, albeit very terribly. 

Cheers, 

Sam 

IMG_6449.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_8717.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

Edited by Williams4S

• 2 weeks later...