Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD *** Kitty Hawk twin 60W all-valve amp
£200

Happy Jack

Here's something you don't see every day.

Kitty%20Hawk%205_zpswxnv9bdi.jpg

Each channel can be used independently as a 60W all-valve amp (2 x mono) or it can be run as a 120W pair of matched amps (1 x stereo).

Kitty%20Hawk%204_zpsgihqy38w.jpg

With cliched Teutonic thoroughness, the two channels are absolutely mirrored in layout, control, even the fuses. One attraction of this is that, even should one channel blow or fail on you, the other will be completely unaffected.

Kitty%20Hawk%202_zpsi2dvysi1.jpg

The amp lives in a decent 6U rackcase which comes with it, and I'll happily throw in the heavy-duty 1/4" --> Speakon cable shown in the photo.

Kitty%20Hawk%201_zpsduaghilh.jpg

This unit is fully-functional with no issues or funny noises. I tested both channels again this morning before listing it.

Kitty%20Hawk%208_zpsf5oldl5l.jpg

It is completely untrue to say that this thing weighs the same as a small planet. Anyone with a degree in astrophysics knows that this is nonsense. It is, however, really quite heavy. Certainly too heavy for me to be putting it in a Jiffy bag and posting it.

Collection from HA1 3RG.

And I have no real idea as to its value, so offers will not necessarily be greeted with hoots of derision.

Edited by Happy Jack

2 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

'Twould need to be a damned big studio ...

Or a rather loud one :)

God bless tube watts eh, my old PJB thingy rated at IIRC 300w on volume 10 couldn't get close to my B-15 rated at 30w on level 3 :)

All joking aside, I'd love this Jack, but am one again falling in to the trap of entering a studio clear-out mode that results in my owning more gear at the close of the process than was the case at the beginning. It's been a regular April/May process since about 1995!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An atypical two-channel (stereo..?) amp, and not the prettiest, but having many useful applications, especially in a studio or home studio context. Were it not for logistic considerations, I'd be in the queue for this. I've brothers in the UK; maybe I could get someone to snaffle it and bring it to France at a later date..? Hmm... :|