Why become a member? ×

Wal Pro 1e body template

Fishman

I'm thinking of building a Wal Pro 1e clone and wondered if anyone has a detailed template for this shape

I should explain that I have a Wal Pro 1e pickup and preamp, complete with scratch plate – all I need is the wooden bits etc

Dimensions such as thickness and routing would be most useful – the neck pocket is dictated by the scratch plate shape, so no problem there

Cheers!

Edited by Fishman

There is a Wal Facebook group and a chap posted in it recently about a company in Japan who make clones of instruments.  They're making him a Wal clone (well, the wooden bits at least) for quite a reasonable amount.  They may be able to do you the body and neck of Pro 1E?  I'll try and find the details.

Thanks for the Wal link – I see that the rareguitarheaven outfit get some rather scathing reviews – I'll almost certainly get someone around these parts to build it for me as I'm a fussy git – I'll make a fresh post once the build is underway, don't hold your breath though!

• Like 1