Why become a member? ×

It's Squier, Squire

prowla

18 hours ago, prowla said:

I was assuming that "ee" is soft and "ban" is hard...

But anyway, since they dropped the accent & tilde, it is no longer a Spanish word.

No the I is e as you say but the accent on the á puts the emphasis on the a sound ba like bah, the letter ñ is pronounced including the y sound 'enyay'. Ee bah nyeth. 

1 hour ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

No the I is e as you say but the accent on the á puts the emphasis on the a sound ba like bah, the letter ñ is pronounced including the y sound 'enyay'. Ee bah nyeth. 

I speak Spanish. :-)

On 24/04/2018 at 20:44, stingrayPete1977 said:

I'd still use Eyebanez in a shop anyway, lol. 

Indeed. Can you imagine the puzzled look on the shop assistants face if you asked to check out their selection of Eebanyeth and Squee-er basses?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Maude said:

Bollocks to all the Ibanez nonsense, buy a Yamaha instead, they're basically the same thing :D

As someone who plays and is a BIG fan of both, I have to agree that statement is definitely right up there as 'Bollocks' 

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

As someone who plays and is a BIG fan of both, I have to agree that statement is definitely right up there as 'Bollocks' 

Quiet boys, I've got a bite! 

It was a joke, hence the smiley. I'm a big fan of Yamaha, my number two bass is my Bex4, absolutely amazing bass for very little money, and if I sold all my basses and had to choose one bass for life it would be a 2024x in vintage white. 

• Like 1

One of my kids at school was telling me about his "huey" graphics tablet today - I just nodded and went with it. It was only later that I realised that what he was probably talking about was his "huawei" graphics tablet, which I've always pronounced "how-why". How do you pronounce it?

2 minutes ago, darkandrew said:

One of my kids at school was telling me about his "huey" graphics tablet today - I just nodded and went with it. It was only later that I realised that what he was probably talking about was his "huawei" graphics tablet, which I've always pronounced "how-why". How do you pronounce it?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/Huawei_pronunciation.ogg

58 minutes ago, darkandrew said:

who-are-we