Why become a member? ×

It's Squier, Squire

prowla

Also while we're on the subject, it's Häussel or Haeussel not Haussel. Really cringe-worthy when folk make such simple spelling errors: makes you kinda think they don't care so long as folk understand what they're saying?

• Haha 1

Just sent a text on iPhone and "oki doki" was changed to "oil Richard" ???  My mate wouldn't have been best pleased! xD

I can write bollocks but not D.I.C.K. What if my name was d.i.c.k?

Edited by itsmedunc

2 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

So I guess Lemmy's old band should have been Mo-teurgh-head?

You can be pretty sure that, at the time, they didn't know the spelling should be "Motörhead" or "Motoerhead". I'd also put money on the fact they NEVER pronounced it correctly.

Edited by Grangur

4 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Just sent a text on iPhone and "oki doki" was changed to "oil Richard" ???  My mate wouldn't have been best pleased! xD

I can write bollocks but not D.I.C.K. What if my name was d.i.c.k?

You’d be flipped

edit: thats boring, was hoping for something far more adventurous from the swear filter.

Edited by T-Bay

Slightly OT but did anyone ever get a definitive answer on correct pronunciation of 'Warwick' as in Warwick basses?

I've tried to find out before, but even Germans can't seem to agree on whether it's 'Var vick' ,'War wick', 'Bar bick' or some combination of the aforementioned.

11 minutes ago, Cato said:

Slightly OT but did anyone ever get a definitive answer on correct pronunciation of 'Warwick' as in Warwick basses?

I've tried to find out before, but even Germans can't seem to agree on whether it's 'Var vick' ,'War wick', 'Bar bick' or some combination of the aforementioned.

In my house, it's "Warwick" as in "Warwickshire". 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Grangur said:

In my house, it's "Warwick" as in "Warwickshire". 

That's how I pronounce it, and probably always will.

Mind you, I refuse to say Eyebanez or Nikee despite knowing that those are the correct pronunciations.

There was a great post I saw on FB the other day ...

Poster : I think I've an intruder in my house can someone call the police , I don't want to speak out loud I'm hiding in the bedroom and there downstairs , help please

Reply : it's "they are" not "there"

Edited by lojo
  • Haha 3