Why become a member? ×

Birthday Gig Lineup

yorks5stringer

Say you were ( let's take a random example, an upper class 92 year old woman who lives in a Palace). Could you imagine enjoying a gig featuring Sting, Shaggy, Kylie and Tom Jones to name just a few?

Still at least you'd get a good seat and wouldn't have to queue for the loos during the interval....

Edited by yorks5stringer

My 60th birthday party was a charity gig with Kyla Brox opening for Virgil and the Accelerators, both European Blues Awards finalists that year, in the Garrick Theatre in Stockport.

Buffet in a side room for family and friends.

Honestly even if I'd been HRH I wouldn't have asked for anything else :-)

5 hours ago, josie said:

My 60th birthday party was a charity gig with Kyla Brox opening for Virgil and the Accelerators, both European Blues Awards finalists that year, in the Garrick Theatre in Stockport.

Virgil and the Accelerators. There's a name I've not seen for a while. Do you know if they are still active? 

Just to keep in with the topic, it's my 60th this June. I'm not having a party but I have commissioned a bass from a local lutherer who frequents Basschat and is active on the Builds forum. 😀

4 hours ago, Len_derby said:

Virgil and the Accelerators. There's a name I've not seen for a while. Do you know if they are still active?

Sadly no. Virgil could shred, but it was his his slow mode that made him so outstanding. You had to see them live - I wept helplessly through a 20-minute instrumental at one gig.  Matt Long of Catfish comes close.

http://www.catfishbluesband.co.uk/home.html

9 hours ago, josie said:

Saw Kyla at one of the early big Bass Events held in Manchester Music School run by Stevie Williams. Played a nice set from what I remember....

4 hours ago, Len_derby said:

Just to keep in with the topic, it's my 60th this June. I'm not having a party but I have commissioned a bass from a local lutherer who frequents Basschat and is active on the Builds forum. 😀

Winner of the 'Furthest distance travelled' award at the recent South West Bass Bash...

• Thanks 1