Why become a member? ×

Please may you record your octave pedal for me? OC2 etc etc

Dood

Hey folks!

Ok, so ages ago I promised (and let the side down) that I would re-do my TC Electronic Sub n' Up patches and share the settings with you. Well, ok so it didn't happen and I ended up finishing recording the biggest album of the year instead*

So, in an attempt to pull my finger out (and take six months to complete this task) I want to see if we can emulate the sounds of some of our favourite Octave pedals using the stonking Sub'n'Up pedal and it's deeply delving TonePrint Editor app.

Here's what I need:

The sound of a dry bass recorded through the octave pedal of choice direct in to an interface (no amp please). Preferably with a P bass or J bass with all controls all the way open. I want to hear dry only and wet only sounds and a 50/50 mix. Wav files would be ideal but 320k MP3 of course would be a smaller file size.

I'll then see what I can rustle up this end - and hopefully if I do finally get a new camera, a nice video to go with it too, like my bass chat review vids.

What do you all think? @Al Krow I know you've been very patient!

Dooooooood.

*give it another 8 months, maybe!

• Like 3

I can oblige, USA P with TI flats and an Octabvre Mini.

Somebody on the Helix thread on Talkbass got pretty close with the Helix legacy octaver effect into a chorus and some other bits. So digital is getting closer!

Edited by dannybuoy

21 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

Here you go:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApKsVfvGwYkOiqcUT79WoDBsenS1pQ

Couple of bonus clips, my Yamaha BB playing notes down to the low B, and a bit of Super Sharp Shooter as I can never resist playing a bit of D&B when an octaver is plugged in!

WOW!!!!

Thank you so much! I'll give these a good listen through my studio monitors! Much appreciated!

Off to a flying start!

This is awesome guys! - No rush as it's gonna take me a bit of time to get some other stuff out the way and set up my space to shoot some video again. Though I really don't wanna have to use the same set up as last time, I really want to buy a decent camera (with the money I don't have!)

The more the merrier! Not surprisingly, I've been sidetracked but I do plan to do some TonePrint editing soon! - Even if I take a while, of course anyone else wanting to have a go at making custom TonePrints, share here too!