Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB 5 String Fretless Series 1 FS £500 SOLD
£650

david1711

SOLD

BIG PRICE REDUCTION £500 collection

Now willing to post this and will include Uk mainland shipping cost in price. 

I can courier on Monday and you could have it on Tuesday 19 July. I may change my mind and keep this so if anyone is interested please do get in touch over weekend.

This is no longer on hold as the intended purchaser didn’t show and hasn’t been in contact. If you read this, I hope you are ok!

Price reduced to £600 as I have my eye on something and have negotiated a one in = one out with she who must be obeyed😆

Yamaha TRB 5 string fretless. Series one (with cutaway). Made in Japan. Serial number 4N1 3074 which I think means it is dated 13 May 1989. Can’t guarantee that though.

A few minuscule nicks and a slightly larger dint on the lower horn (see picture). Some scratching to the fretboard due to a previous owner using rounds, but for a 29 year old bass, this is in great condition.

34 ins scale, 19mm spacing, 45mm at nut, 80mm at 24th fret. Weight around 8lbs.

Ash body, maple neck, rosewood board, 2 band active, adjustable mid boost and total output.

Strung with new TI flats. Comes with the imageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55aoriginal Yamaha hard case also in great condition. 

You won’t see many of these early models up for sale and the value is increasing and will likely continue to..because they are awesome. I am only selling because this bass deserves to be played by someone much more proficient than me, and because I have amassed more basses than I have room for now and am under strict orders to cull😢. That said, I am in no hurry, so I don’t intend to lower the price and I doubt this will be bumped a lot. 

No experience of trading, so it would have to be someone reasonably near, and actually, I am only after a decent fretted 5 string, JV jazz, or a good combo in mint condition. So much prefer a sale.

Same goes for collection although posting isn’t completely out of the question, but cost is not included in the price.

Thanks for looking.

David

75980D50-C237-4697-880B-51F159E2DD29.jpeg

933D54C3-C73A-4B66-915D-1787190BA19B.jpeg

893D9C5F-CD07-4A30-8B82-09515A769FCB.jpeg

DD6CA88B-D144-45F8-BED1-F78414A20679.jpeg

Edited by david1711
Now sold
  • Like 3

All original.  I forgot to add that the neck profile is super flat and different to the fretted version. I have one of those as well. And the action can be as low as you want. 

This bass must have spent much of its life in its case as there is no tarnish on the hardware.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks! 

Yamaha quality is undeniable. I have 7. I am only selling this because I can’t do it justice and have too many and I don’t see the point consigning basses to the loft.

Factoring in the brand new TI flats which are wonderful, I would have thought this now represents excellent value for a series 1 TRB in good condition?

2 hours ago, david1711 said:

Thanks! 

Yamaha quality is undeniable. I have 7. I am only selling this because I can’t do it justice and have too many and I don’t see the point consigning basses to the loft.

Factoring in the brand new TI flats which are wonderful, I would have thought this now represents excellent value for a series 1 TRB in good condition?

Agreed - I have the same bass, same colour but different finish. Is that custom finished?