Why become a member? ×

How do I remove a quote from an intended post?

BigRedX

Question

About a week ago I was in the middle of answering a post in a thread, when I had to do something else and never got around to finishing my answer. By the time I got back to the thread the conversation had moved on and my answer was no longer relevant, so I left it.

Today I wanted to reply to a new post in the thread. When I try to do this I find that my unfinished answer from last time has been helpfully saved at the point I left off, and is displayed ready finish. As I don't need this anymore I try to delete my old unfinished post. All the text from both my new post and the post I was quoting can be deleted without any problem. However the "Quote box" is left in place without any obvious way of getting rid of it. It can't be highlighted. I've tried pretty much every combination of Control, Command, Option and Shift while clicking on it without success.

Under the old version of the forum this would have been easy. I could have activated "plain text mode" from the switch above the post field and all the quote code would have been revealed and simple to delete. Since this function is not available in the new version of the forum, there appears to be no way of removing all the quote information.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Sorted. When I went back to the thread for another look, after clicking on the "+" symbol above the empty quote, a panel appeared beneath the post entry field giving me the option of clearing my previous post. This had definitely not be there the first time I looked. Whether that is just a glitch or that is how the forum software works I don't know.

Edited by BigRedX

2 answers to this question