Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro 5LX Cherry Red - £700 *SOLD*
£700

JamieMillsBass

Reluctantly selling my Cherry Red Spector Euro 5lx.  Originally bought from here back in around 2010, it's been my main bass for the last 8 years playing anything from metal to jazz to wedding band cover stuff and it hasn't skipped a beat.  Original owner (not sure if he still posts here?) removed the pre-amp.  I bought the bass with intentions of adding one but it sounded great without so I just left it as is. 

The bass has been well gigged, all signs of wear and tear are pictured below.  Everything is in aesthetics only, no impact on playability.  There are some tone samples on my Youtube page

Weight: Approx 5kg

Scale: 35" 24 frets

Pickups: EMG DC active 18v setup

Other issues: Truss rod cover and nobs for volume and blend are missing

No trades I'm afraid - looking for cash......

IMG_0672.thumb.jpg.313b194560ccd8f66c53561aaee66b71.jpgIMG_0572.thumb.JPG.48385fc8b06fb4cee863f815b7a86116.JPGIMG_0573.thumb.JPG.cd110fbb7b780e21f90a053af9e467de.JPGIMG_0574.thumb.JPG.caa78be79f911cef4e90bc74ab1256ba.JPGIMG_0575.thumb.JPG.829788df5c6eef693aea5da3897d449f.JPGIMG_0576.thumb.JPG.c4fde195f53b0c606e1d501f36473b32.JPGIMG_0670.thumb.jpg.58537b68d949c03df6131ad45b1dc847.jpgIMG_0672.thumb.jpg.313b194560ccd8f66c53561aaee66b71.jpg

IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

Edited by JamieMillsBass

28 minutes ago, Graham said:

I once saw this bass in action as I saw Nailed in Leeds, sounded good from what I remember :)

I've always meant to look up the band that was on the hard case - never got round to doing so!! Are they still going? Does the bass player still post here?

I'm still here, I just lurk though!

I bought this in 2009 direct from Spector as Sound Control had gone bump and there was no UK distro at the time. I was a sponsored artist, hence why I was allowed to have the black hardware on this bass. I actually ordered it in Black Cherry but as it turns out it was more Cherry Red when it arrived, I wasn't bothered. I still remember the smell of the lacquer when I opened the case for the first time.

I sold the Tonepump on here and replaced the bass/treble knobs with gromets, I just wanted the pickups into my Bass 400+ and 6x10" Mesa cab and it sounded huge. Growliest thing ever, although it had some really nice low end with the alder back. I used it to record half the songs on our 3rd album, "The Spire of Sins" which got a half-hearted release in 2010/2011.

Nailed split/fizzled in 2010 when I started working full time and the drummer Garth had a second kid. I went on to sell all my bass gear and play guitar in The Leviathan with Jim, the guitarist from Nailed - we released an album in 2013 but have fizzled out as our drummer quit playing and our bassist now helms I Saw The World Burn (who I recently played bass for until November of last year). Mass and Garth from Nailed joined Narcotic Death which split up later, and Mass then went on to re-form his band Blasphemer who are still going strong. Garth now plays in Dychosis as well.

The first and only gig I ever played with this bass was the Mountains of Death festival in Muotathal, Switzerland on 20th August 2010. That was the last ever Nailed gig. The dent you can see in the case I think is from the flight back to the UK. Here is the bass during our set:

74374_10150321801285305_7710146_n.jpg?_n

If you want links to music, see below:
Nailed - A Pure World is a Dead World ( Full Album 2003) (Youtube)

Nailed - Hatred, Failure & the Extinction of Mankind 2007 Full Album (Youtube)

I haven't got our 3rd album uploaded online yet, I need to get Mass to do it.

Facebook Links:
https://www.facebook.com/theleviathanuk/

https://www.facebook.com/dychosis/

https://www.facebook.com/BlasphemerUK666/

I'm glad to see this bass got so much great usage over the years, I barely used it, and it will go for many years longer. It's a mega, mega instrument!

Edited by Dan_Nailed
  • Like 2

So you didn't play it when Nailed supported Anaal Nathrakh and Dragged Into Sunlight in Leeds around 2009?

I could have sworn you were playing a red Spector, but it's funny how your memory can play tricks on you 😀

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dan_Nailed said:

I'm still here, I just lurk though!

I bought this in 2009 direct from Spector as Sound Control had gone bump and there was no UK distro at the time. I was a sponsored artist, hence why I was allowed to have the black hardware on this bass. I actually ordered it in Black Cherry but as it turns out it was more Cherry Red when it arrived, I wasn't bothered. I still remember the smell of the lacquer when I opened the case for the first time.

I sold the Tonepump on here and replaced the bass/treble knobs with gromets, I just wanted the pickups into my Bass 400+ and 6x10" Mesa cab and it sounded huge. Growliest thing ever, although it had some really nice low end with the alder back. I used it to record half the songs on our 3rd album, "The Spire of Sins" which got a half-hearted release in 2010/2011.

Nailed split/fizzled in 2010 when I started working full time and the drummer Garth had a second kid. I went on to sell all my bass gear and play guitar in The Leviathan with Jim, the guitarist from Nailed - we released an album in 2013 but have fizzled out as our drummer quit playing and our bassist now helms I Saw The World Burn (who I recently played bass for until November of last year). Mass and Garth from Nailed joined Narcotic Death which split up later, and Mass then went on to re-form his band Blasphemer who are still going strong. Garth now plays in Dychosis as well.

The first and only gig I ever played with this bass was the Mountains of Death festival in Muotathal, Switzerland on 20th August 2010. That was the last ever Nailed gig. The dent you can see in the case I think is from the flight back to the UK. Here is the bass during our set:

74374_10150321801285305_7710146_n.jpg?_n

If you want links to music, see below:
Nailed - A Pure World is a Dead World ( Full Album 2003) (Youtube)

Nailed - Hatred, Failure & the Extinction of Mankind 2007 Full Album (Youtube)

I haven't got our 3rd album uploaded online yet, I need to get Mass to do it.

Facebook Links:
https://www.facebook.com/theleviathanuk/

https://www.facebook.com/dychosis/

https://www.facebook.com/BlasphemerUK666/

I'm glad to see this bass got so much great usage over the years, I barely used it, and it will go for many years longer. It's a mega, mega instrument!

Thanks for that man.  It is indeed a great instrument, and I'm selling it in the knowledge that I will buy another at a much higher price in a few years when I'm more cash rich lol

21 hours ago, Graham said:

So you didn't play it when Nailed supported Anaal Nathrakh and Dragged Into Sunlight in Leeds around 2009?

I could have sworn you were playing a red Spector, but it's funny how your memory can play tricks on you 😀

I had a red Rebop 5DLX for literally 6 weeks when we played that gig (25th Sept 2009), that's what made me want a Euro neck through with black hardware (and proper EMG's to boot). Ended up selling it back to the guy I bought it off as he had made a mistake, went back to my green fretless NS5JHCM (which I sorely miss as I sold it to a young lad in California) until this bad boy arrived. I also sold my REX 2000/5 to someone off here, he was from the north east somewhere and I met him in Leeds train station - I often wonder about the fate of that bass as well. 

I remember that gig well as a load of people from all over the north came to watch it, Paul from Dawn of Chaos was there as were a few others!.A Turkish guy tried to buy a load of our merch with a £50 note and nearly gave me a heart attack as I was running around Leeds trying to get change. Good times!

2 hours ago, JamieMillsBass said:

Thanks for that man.  It is indeed a great instrument, and I'm selling it in the knowledge that I will buy another at a much higher price in a few years when I'm more cash rich lol

I'd gladly buy it back but I have to move house in 6 weeks so am absolutely on my derrière cash wise!

Edited by Dan_Nailed
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 14:46, Dan_Nailed said:

I had a red Rebop 5DLX for literally 6 weeks when we played that gig (25th Sept 2009), that's what made me want a Euro neck through with black hardware (and proper EMG's to boot). Ended up selling it back to the guy I bought it off as he had made a mistake, went back to my green fretless NS5JHCM (which I sorely miss as I sold it to a young lad in California) until this bad boy arrived. I also sold my REX 2000/5 to someone off here, he was from the north east somewhere and I met him in Leeds train station - I often wonder about the fate of that bass as well. 

I remember that gig well as a load of people from all over the north came to watch it, Paul from Dawn of Chaos was there as were a few others!.A Turkish guy tried to buy a load of our merch with a £50 note and nearly gave me a heart attack as I was running around Leeds trying to get change. Good times!

I'd gladly buy it back but I have to move house in 6 weeks so am absolutely on my derrière cash wise!

I know the feeling man..............

On 27/04/2018 at 14:46, Dan_Nailed said:

That'll be it then; it was a great gig - I'd driven up from Surrey as I wanted to see Dragged Into Sunlight and some of the Damnation organisers were down from Scotland for a production meeting as it was a month before the festival so they came along too - I got silly drunk drinking with those Scots......