Why become a member? ×

OKKO Motorbass (Lemmy pedal)

fretmeister

On 19/04/2018 at 17:09, tonyxtiger said:

Agreed. Standard darkglass aping with no attempt at the lem tone. Or any other tone for that matter. 

Funnily enough, I heard it and thought "Hmm... I don't remember Lemmy using Darkglass." 

I suppose the Darkglass sound is now being so imitated it's kind of becoming passe in a way.

I didn't think it sounded that much like Darkglass (no clean blend on it for a start), but a lot of Patricks demo's sound similar because he's not recording the pedals direct. At one time he was going into Line6 POD modelling, looking at the gear used list, these days he is demoing the pedals into a mic'ed up Darkglass amp and cab. His clean tone always sounds overdriven to start with, sometimes sounding worse when the actual pedal gets engaged!

13 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

I didn't think it sounded that much like Darkglass (no clean blend on it for a start), but a lot of Patricks demo's sound similar because he's not recording the pedals direct. At one time he was going into Line6 POD modelling, looking at the gear used list, these days he is demoing the pedals into a mic'ed up Darkglass amp and cab. His clean tone always sounds overdriven to start with, sometimes sounding worse when the actual pedal gets engaged!

thing is recording demos direct for pedals in particular drives they will sound awful! however i would like to hear this in a big valve amp think thats where it might sound more at home! 

True, but when your base tone is dirty, you can demo a clean boost and everyone is like "OMG THAT SOUNDS AMAZING!"

Then they buy one and put it through the clean solid state rig with a tweetered cab and it sounds nothing like it.

If I use an amp sim like a VT Bass or a B7K at the end of my chain, then I could feed it a with several different distortions and they'd sound pretty similar. Record them direct and they'd all sound very different to each other.

Ideally a demo should have recordings of both,  but the only demos I've seen that did that regularly was the old bassfuzz.com ones!

3 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

True, but when your base tone is dirty, you can demo a clean boost and everyone is like "OMG THAT SOUNDS AMAZING!"

Then they buy one and put it through the clean solid state rig with a tweetered cab and it sounds nothing like it.

If I use an amp sim like a VT Bass or a B7K at the end of my chain, then I could feed it a with several different distortions and they'd sound pretty similar. Record them direct and they'd all sound very different to each other.

Ideally a demo should have recordings of both,  but the only demos I've seen that did that regularly was the old bassfuzz.com ones!

thats true! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Bump from the dead...has anyone tried one of these in real life? I heard the video (above) for the first time the other day my interest is piqued. 

I am interested in how it sounds when the rest of the band are playing. Too many pedals sound good in isolation but less so in the mix - this is my experience of Darkglass, for example, although I appreciate I am in the minority here.