Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Northamptonshire

claptonite

Yes, someone lives here and plays bass. Actually, another of the County's big secrets (other than: where the hell is it?") is that it's a very musical place. Lots of venues and local bands. Probably most famous for being the birthplace of the venerable Thom Yorke. Anyway, been a bass player since 1999 and play a vintage Aria Pro 2 SB-600 built in Matsumoku in 1997. Bought on ebay about 12 years ago for £150. Brilliantly built solid passive bass - no frills but a stunningly playable neck. I also own a Countryman bass Ukulele which was about a 1/3 the price of a Kala U-Bass but punches well above it's weight. I play this regularly in a local ukulele group that gigs a couple of times a month for charity. I have a very eclectic musical taste but probably prefer blues and rock above most. Still a fan of 70's & 80's prog rock and saddened that it's out of fashion now...well a bit anyway. Top bass player ever - well for me you can't beat Tony Levin who's played with Peter Gabriel but everyone has their own choice.

Welcome from Northants also. Poor old Bauhaus they were and still are brilliant musicians.  Local apathy pushed them away from the area back in the day when they were great live and gigging locally constantly. The closest any of them has come to playing a local gig recently as far as I know was Pete Murphy at Corby.  I don't think Thom Yorke ever bought Radiohead back for a local Wellingborough gig did he? Perhaps somebody knows differently.