Why become a member? ×

Leduc Logabass 5 String RETRACTED
£920

chrisbass13

Up for sale is this great Leduc Logabass 5 string. If ergonomic instruments are your thing, and you dont need a reliced mojo Fender to please your bandmates, this is your bass ;-) I bought it about two years ago on this forum, because I was tired of neck diving, heavy basses. I was looking for a bass that I could play for several hours on live gigs without any pain and struggles. This totally fit the bill and started my love for headless/ergonomic instruments. With its carved body/long upper horn/headless design it is the best balancing bass I ever had. It literally is effortless to wear. And the best thing about it: it sounds absolutely mean and has no deadspots. It has Bartolini pick ups and the Leduc Preamp in it. You can get a super low action, frets are in great shape, truss rod works as it should. It does have signs of usage, but nothing major. I bought it used, and also have used it on gigs (on the pics I took its missing a knob. I forgot to put it back on before the pictures, but its back on now). These Basses were designed by Christophe Leduc and handbuilt in Japan. Only about 800 were made in the 90s. I am selling this one, as I now play a six string Leduc pretty much exclusively and this bass is resting in its case all the time. Bass is located in Germany but I can ship throughout Europe in either a flight case or gigbag. If you have any questions, just pm me. Asking price is 1050 Euros or about 920 British Pounds.

2018-04-15-PHOTO-00006072.jpg

2018-04-15-PHOTO-00006076.jpg

2018-04-15-PHOTO-00006079.jpg

2018-04-15-PHOTO-00006085.jpg

2018-04-15-PHOTO-00006087.jpg

o5yp1g.jpg

Edited by chrisbass13
  • Like 4

If you want the whole story about these great basses, they were made by Sanox and should wear that name on the "headstock" instead of Leduc. The original preamp was made by Gotoh. If you have the Leduc preamp inside, it's one of the best ever made by ... EBS. The bridge if a real piece of high grade craftsmanship and was also designed by Leduc and made by Gotoh. Christophe is a friend of mine, and as he said, I'm the second hand market price maker as I've owned and sold over the years more than 20 of his basses, maybe 30 or 40 as I literally lost count.

GLWYS for this really great bass (if you ever find a 6 strings Logabass, go on, those are incredible value for money).

• Like 2

Thanks for the info!

Yes the previous owner had Christophe Leduc install his preamp, it sounds so clear and warm! 

I actuall have three covers for the "headstock": the original Sannox one, a red Leduc one out of what seems to be figured maple, and a plain black ebony one. They will be included of course. 

Selling this one with a heavy heart, but you only have two hands and so much time, so cant keep em all.

Edited by chrisbass13

On 16/04/2018 at 21:21, alyctes said:

It's just as well this isn't fretless.  Good luck with your sale!

That could be arranged. I have the little sister of this one as a 5 string fretless. Would happily take part in a 3 way swap! :-)

I also have a six string version which is not going anywhere. Precious...

• Like 2