Why become a member? ×

Any Jam Nights in Manchester

obbm

I believe that there are a couple - the Thirsty Scholar (Monday night) and the Jam Street Inn in Chorlton (Wednesday). I know about them via a guitarist called Michal Zykowski.

I haven't seen Mik in the flesh for a few years, so best that your friend Google's them first to check I've got the correct nights as well as the addresses etc

Blues & jazz jam at the Old Abbey in south-central Mcr (sort of behind the Whitworth Art Gallery) this Thursday

https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Manchester/The-Old-Abbey-Taphouse/Blues--Jazz-Jam-/13176047/

Some of the Plastic Mojo Blues Band will be there mob-handed, including yours truly. (We're not the house band, just doing a slot from the floor.) Please ask him to come and say hello if he's there.

It's a fun place, run as a community social enterprise, the beer and pizzas and staff are all excellent.

Thirsty Scholar on Mondays definitely still happens, we're planning a mass invasion of that one too but haven't done it yet so can't say what it's like :-)

More generally, Matt & Phreds in the Northern Quarter have jams on Mondays, mostly jazz, but blues on first Monday of every month. Crowded, noisy, and not easy to get a slot if Franny Eubanks who runs it doesn't already know you, especially as a guitar player.

http://www.mattandphreds.com/

• Like 1