Why become a member? ×

Flabbergasted!

7 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

I think he's mainly a guitar player, perhaps criticising his playing isn't the ideal thing to do. The moment he sticks a single gold machine head on it and swaps the pickup out for a slanty single coil I'll be right here though!

Well, he is in the entertainment business, anyway!

6 minutes ago, prowla said:

Well there was somebody on here asking about a guitar with a wide neck last week...

This one isn't as bad as the OP one!!! Although certainly not worth the asking price...

Edited by Bigwan

He's not in the entertainment business, he's a hobbyist guitar seller/bodger/converter with limited skills and some odd ideas, there are worse eBay sellers who set out to deceive, at least MDP takes close up pictures of the ugly bits of the guitars he sells. Almost with a sense of pride in fact!

And yeah those converted bridges are pretty standard practice in the world of MDP, I suppose even though they look odd they work to some extent - until the G string slips over the end of the crudely cut saddle anyway. Not sure what the deal is with the electrical tape over half the pickup though:

s-l1600.jpg

Tbh with those 7 string conversions I think if he did the alterations on some spare saddles and included the original ones (along with the accompanying tuner and saddle screw) in the sale he wouldn't get as much stick. As it stands he's devalued a perfectly good 7 string that someone could be learning on, mind you perceived worth is an odd thing depending on who you talk to, some of his guitars do sell for those inflated prices so maybe he's adding value......

In my eyes that's a perfectly good Korean Peavey/Saein (I assume any Korean guitar is a Saein, Samick or Cort with the odd exception, anybody know where this was made?) that is hideously overpriced and will take effort and more money to put right.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...