Why become a member? ×

Identify these strings please

Guest MoJo

I recently bought a bass and these (pic below) are the strings that were on it. They have a nice tone/feel, so I'd like to get some more for my other basses. I contacted the seller who informed me that they were Rotosound but Rotosound have said that they don't manufacture bass strings with black silk wraps

20180415_112201.thumb.jpg.45fed711d16fc70094f1af129bbd26a2.jpg

20180415_112137.thumb.jpg.5186b236798ecc67f4a1d0dee1e37d64.jpg

On 4/18/2018 at 12:48, BigRedX said:

LaBella Steels have black silk wraps.

I now know that they're NOT Fender 7250's. Strings Direct agree with you BigRedX, they think they're LaBella SuperSteps Stainless Steel Roundwounds

I don't think that they are SuperSteps, because the ball end of the string isn't taper-wound. They look to me like ordinary LaBella Steels (used to be called Hard Rocking Steels) but for some reason these are much harder to get in the UK, which is why I think Strings Direct are trying to sell you SuperSteps. 

Personally I've given up with LaBella Steels, because although they are very nice strings, they no longer make one of the gauges I like (45-135) as a set, and because they are difficult to find and expensive when you can get them. I've switched to Warwick Black Label which are very nearly as good and about half the price.

• Like 1