Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£2100

Steve Browning

The perfect thing to leave out for Santa or his reindeer this Christmas.

Here we have an all original 1975 Precision fretless. In addition, the bridge cover and original case are included. The bass is in very good condition although you will see there is a split in the scratch-plate near the jack socket (as these plates are prone to shrinkage after a while). Everything works as it should and there is plenty of mwah!! 

It is shown on the scales at 9lbs.

Collection/trying obviously preferable but I am also happy to meet at a reasonable distance from home (Portsmouth).

Edited by Steve Browning
Sold
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I loaned my daughter the step ladder when she moved into her house recently and she hasn't returned them yet! The case is the standard period case in excellent condition. I don't recall if the key is in it.

Apologies for the delay.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you chaps! 

The van is repaired (2nd hand engine - £950 + £890 labour) and it's just done a 2 week UK tour without a hiccup so all good. I am tempted to withdraw the bass but I have sort of mentally said good-bye to it. I am looking to get an SVL bass made so this can still go.

Was that two weeks with the Aguilar/Blomenfieldd band you were with at SoL? Sounded great (even if it did mean we had to cut our set short due to the overrun!) and I hope Barry has recovered from his fall in Paris.

8 hours ago, Chewie said:

I'd love the 210 but can't afford it at the moment........

Just putting a new bathroom into my house.....

On 17/08/2018 at 07:59, Beedster said:

I have its exact twin, there is something absolutely magical about the maple board fretless Precisions of that era, unusually for 70's Precisions, I've never played a bad one (and I've played a lot of them). 

It's funny. I'm not a big fan of fretted maple, but fretless... Sublime!

Did we overrun? Very sorry about that. I always have a kitchen clock that is positioned at th singers fet so time can be measured but it wasn't present at SOL.

Barry was in a lot of discomfort and was still in a state when I put him on the plane on Tuesday morning. He did well to play at all. You might have seen we had to even put his guitar on for him!

The overrun was firmly in the hands of the organisers, I think they were reluctant to pull a legend, especially an injured legend off the stage. We had to drop a few favourites we had lined up, but no one knew except us, so no problem. 

I heard most of your set but didn't see so much as I was getting my gear out of the car, finding odd and ends that I needed, plus a hasty conference about what we could drop. Thoroughly enjoyed playing there, and the whole day. 

• 1 month later...