Why become a member? ×

F F F F Funky Daryl Hall and Cee Lo

Bilbo

Love it. We used to do this version in the cover band.

The rest of DH is well worth checking out. He's just about 70 here! Pretty good performances from an "old guy" and it's a great concept.

The only one I didn't like was the Keb Mo session. I don't think they got the groove right on that one, but the rest is several days or weeks of Youtube surfing with some quality musicians and some great live music.

Edited by chris_b

Just now, casapete said:

Was their bassist for many years, and played on most of their big hits from early 80's onwards. 

Saw him with H&O in the 90's and he was stellar. Sadly died in 2010, only in his late 50's too I believe.

How sad. Only in his 50's. Did he play on this.? My favourite H&O track . 

2 hours ago, chris_b said:

He's just about 70 here! Pretty good performances from an "old guy" and it's a great concept.

He only looks like he's in his 50s. I'd like to think I'd look that good in my 70s, but the flowing locks and model like bone structure are just not in my genes :( (that emoji is as bald as I am).

8 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

How sad. Only in his 50's. Did he play on this.? My favourite H&O track . 

No, think that track was from the mid 70's H&O period before T Bone joined them. 

Not sure who played bass on it TBH, possibly Leland Sklar who did some of the H&O stuff I believe.

• Thanks 1

Although Lee Sklar was on the album as well, I think 'Scott Edwards' might have played Bass on 'Sara Smile'.

Edit: It seems that it is him - 'Sara Smile' credited in the article below.

Scott Edwards was a very busy studio player back then. The full interview here (including some interesting stuff that he played on).

http://www.songfacts.com/blog/writing/bass_player_scott_edwards/

Edited by lowdown
  • Thanks 1