Why become a member? ×

Paul Jones

tom1946

Sunday night we have Paul Jones from Manfred Mann & his wife coming to our church to give testimony and sing.

We get to play a worship song at the beginning and maybe wallpaper music before as people come in.

Should be good.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I am looking forward to it, we will meet him before for a sound check and other things. I followed the Manfreds in the early 60's, I loved those old songs and he is a great blues singer and harmonica player.

I didn't realise he was retiring from the blues show, heck he's only 77! Just a youth really... He'll be there singing  'The Lord's my shepherd' (newer version) so we will have played with him if you squint a little xD

• Like 4

Paul and Fiona have spoken and sung at our church several times. Lovely couple and a great evening of music and testimony.  First time they came we backed them for the worship session so they came along to the rehearsal/soundcheck on the Sunday afternoon. That whizzed through no problems so when our regular Worship Leader said, “All done” there was plenty of time left. Paul looked round at the rest of the band, drew a harmonica from his back pocket and said, “Well, anyone fancy a little blues in G then?” Etched in my memory as one of my best ever playing experiences!!!!

• Like 4

I reckon that would make even a non believer like me  attend church :)

I love the music that happens at your churches, my folks are Orthodox, so just three old men chanting is all we got, possibly why I hated church.

Have a great time and make an awesome memory Tom

And remind Paul that he still has lots of fans down under too

Chap I used to work with a few years back used to frequent some of the popular music clubs in the 60's. He saw the Stones, etc, all the names.

However, a band he never missed was Manfred Mann. In his opinion, they were leagues above the rest, and always a big draw.