Left leaderboard

1978 Fender Jazz Bass.

Very good condition, includes original bridge cover, original scratch plate and screws, has had input jack replaced but will include original part.  
Case for illustrative purposes.

Genuine reason for sale as I've got 2 other Jazz basses (MIM/CS) and it's a shame that this gets used least, so I'm being sensible.
I'll be sad to see it go but I'd like someone else to get some use out of it.

Has recently been set-up and restrung by KGB in Birkenhead.

No rush to sell, looking for offers in the region of £2000 - you are welcome to try it in person, I'm local to Chester/M56.
Not really looking for PX, but never say never.

Can supply further pics and info on request.

Edited by mxm
  • Like 2

Oh my. That’s my favourite look for a jazz bass; 3TSB with no pickguard and an all-maple neck with white block inlays.

Going for a lie down 🤪

• Like 1

You’re too kind !

2 hours ago, Hotdogs4tea said:

Very nice :) 

Still available - open to offers or mad trades, would love an Alembic Stanley...or an Ampeg V4.

Another ‘still available’ type post.

Sadly, this isn’t going to get a look in for the foreseeable future as I’ve just bought something American, angular and stupid - so I need cash !

More pics and info available etc. - open to offers .

Looks exactly like the one I purchased from Chappells of Bond St in 1979. Lovely sounding bass. Wonder where it is now!!!!!

On 18/03/2019 at 19:09, whynot said:

Looks exactly like the one I purchased from Chappells of Bond St in 1979. Lovely sounding bass. Wonder where it is now!!!!!

Can’t have been that many imported around 78/79, it’s a small world sometimes!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fretmeister
      Selling my 2014 Fender American Special Precision in Sunburst with rosewood fretboard.
      This run of specials went from 2011 to 2015.

Here is a link to a review by Roger Newell: https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/fender-american-special-precision-bass-448255

I took this in a trade but unfortunately it's a bit heavier than I can cope with at 9lb. It's not heavy for a P but I have health issues so it must move on.

Its in very good condition. There is a shallow ding on the back of the headstock which so far I have not been able to photograph but if the rain holds off I'll get outside this evening and try again.
      I did have Hipshot Ultralite tuners fitted for a while but I have put it back to stock. The extra tiny hole that is needed for the Hipshots is completely covered by the original tuners.
      The American Specials have a regular modern P nut width, but the neck is a bit less chunky than the American Standard.

It's currently strung with a nicely settled set of Thomastik TI flats with a medium action. It's a brilliant sounding bass that I have been using in a Big Band playing swing and big band jazz. It does the Duck Dunn thing very well, and of course can go all rocky with roundwounds too.
      Also comes with a Kinsman hardcase that is in pretty good condition. If you don't want the case I can knock £25 off.

£725 collected from Northants, or I might be able to meet you somewhere if it's not too far.
      I'm not looking for trades unless you have something under 8lb. Cannot be even an ounce over. If there is a trade I will be bringing my scales!

More photos to come when I can get outside

ta

• By psus4
      I'm in need of a jazz bass and have a couple of othe precisions so this is up for sale / trade for a decent jazz.
      1978 Fender Pbass with dimarzio jazz bridge pickup fitted and later refinished in red (was sunburst I believe).
      This is a vintage instrument; great playing and sounding bass that has been well gigged but is in perfect working order. Recently setup by the one and only Bass Doc £1500 trade value. £1250 cash price.  
      Collection from Hexham / Newcastle or will post at buyers expense.

Trades considered:
      Quality Jazz bass - maple neck

• By silverfoxnik
      Hi Folks 
      Don't often do this but with this one I thought I must.. 
      So, there I was in my local music shop in Bognor Regis (Mike's Music) buying some strings when I saw this hanging on the wall looking a bit unloved.. 
      Being the kind chap that he is, Mike let me have a trial with the bass and after spending some time with it at home, I realised it was a must have.. 
      As far as I can tell from the serial number, its a Made in Japan 1991/2 Fender Precision.
      Sounds great, beautiful Ash body and maple neck and is in brilliant condition for a 27 year old bass. 
      Happy days, or should I say, happy NBDs!  
      Thanks for looking.. 😊

• By binkybongo
      This is a wonderful example of what must be the ultimate of its type. Even has 'ripples' on the surface as a vintage plate often exhibits.
      Had it fitted as you can see on CS Jazz.
      Cost around £250 - 300 landed from the US.
      Beauty.

Bass in the picture with plate fitted not included - view here to buy it.

• By binkybongo
      2009 CS Jazz - lightweight resonant alder body with the tone pallette from Jaco to Marley's Aston Barrett. Plays beautifully  as you'ld expect from Fender’s Finest.
      Couple of dings as shown, some fine scratches which are are very hard to photograph
      Weighs just less than 9libs on my kitchen scales, comes with certificate, unused case and case candy, Schaller strap locks.
      Sale only please.
      Thanks.