Why become a member? Read more... ×
mxm

1978 Fender Jazz Bass - open to offers !
£2000

Posted (edited)

1978 Fender Jazz Bass.

jb78.thumb.jpg.08007fb24b6a6a75a045559bbb5fbc2e.jpg

Very good condition, includes original bridge cover, original scratch plate and screws, has had input jack replaced but will include original part.  
Case for illustrative purposes.

Genuine reason for sale as I've got 2 other Jazz basses (MIM/CS) and it's a shame that this gets used least, so I'm being sensible.
I'll be sad to see it go but I'd like someone else to get some use out of it.

Has recently been set-up and restrung by KGB in Birkenhead.

No rush to sell, looking for offers in the region of £2000 - you are welcome to try it in person, I'm local to Chester/M56.
Not really looking for PX, but never say never.

Can supply further pics and info on request.

7584E439-0BF6-43CC-A3FD-C62383C713D3.jpeg

EADEBC72-6CA8-4B44-8AA1-2D9D427AD1E6.jpeg

1227E116-A48A-4C4C-B6F9-B4AE61992BDA.jpeg

7A34D769-650D-44AE-8F28-DB5C0333DE15.jpeg

Edited by mxm
  • Like 1

Oh my. That’s my favourite look for a jazz bass; 3TSB with no pickguard and an all-maple neck with white block inlays.

Going for a lie down 🤪

• Like 1

You’re too kind !

2 hours ago, Hotdogs4tea said:

Very nice :) 

Still available - open to offers or mad trades, would love an Alembic Stanley...or an Ampeg V4.

Another ‘still available’ type post.

Sadly, this isn’t going to get a look in for the foreseeable future as I’ve just bought something American, angular and stupid - so I need cash !

More pics and info available etc. - open to offers .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Studio GC
      Recently purchased this lovely American Special P Bass from bassface23 here on Basschat. It was my second successful deal with him. However, as much as I do REALLY love this bass, my band really thinks I should stick with my Casady bass as it just has "the" sound I need for the 60's music we play. The P bass is equally as good for our sound, but the Casady just brings a different tone that I prefer.....and I can only play one bass....hence the sale of this great bass.
      I've added a tortoise scratch plate (which is the law with a sunburst/rosewood P bass in my opinion). It also includes the original white scratch plate, original deluxe gig bag, schaller strap locks (and original strap pins) and LaBella flat wounds. Other than that it's all original. These American Specials have the graphite reinforced rods in the neck as well.
      Collection from West London (TW11) or I can post no problemo as I have a Fender bass box ready to go. Paypal preferred for payment.
      I'm also selling brand new Fender '62 custom shop pick ups if interested in adding them to the deal.
      Link to dropbox photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4wvbkfyx3dzdvs0/AAAhEu93lPCBlmtUDl8iIZ3qa?dl=0

Specs:

Here's a new take on a classic bass. Fender's American Special Precision Bass kicks off a new decade of Fender basses with the latest in U.S.-made quality and value. An ultra-fast and comfortable Slim C-shape maple neck and lightweight alder body make the American Special Precision Bass one of the most playable basses out there. A traditional split single-coil P Bass pickup puts out plenty of tone, and Fender's amazing Greasebucket tone circuit lets you ease off the highs and still get punchy and powerful lows. Top it all off with Fender's high-gloss finish, and the American Special Precision Bass looks just as good as it sounds.
      Color: 3-Tone Sunburst with High Gloss Finish Body Material: Alder Neck: Maple with Slim "C" shape Neck Finish: Satin urethane finish Fretboard: Rosewood Fretboard radius: 9.5" Frets: 20, medium jumbo Scale length: 34" Nut width: 1.625" String nut: Synthetic bone Truss rod nut: 3/16" adjustable hex nut Pickup: Split single-coil P Bass pickup Controls: Volume, Greasebucket tone circuit (rolls off highs without adding bass) Hardware: Chrome Tuning keys: Standard Bridge: Standard Vintage 4 Saddle Bass Strap buttons: Vintage style strap buttons Control knobs: Knurled chrome P Bass knobs Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment Case: Deluxe gig bag included
    • By DiceSociety
      ** SOLD ** Price drop  - £210 - Shiny…Squier VM Jazz Bass 77 for sale
      Immaculate shiny condition and includes shiny mirror scratch plate and the original black one, plus a gig bag! - £210
      Plus it’s very shiny….
      This really is in as new condition, and the photos don’t do justice to how gorgeous this bass is with lacquered finish, white pearloid block neck inlays and choice of black or custom made mirrored scratch plate (both included) depending on how flamboyant you’re feeling.

It’s also exceptionally light, easily the lightest bass I’ve ever tried anyway.
      Squier's Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '77 features a sleek offset body, crisp dual Fender®-designed pickups and a super-fast "C"-shaped maple neck. Comfortable and sonically versatile, this bass offers super '77 sound and feel for today's bassists, along with superior Squier performance and value. (Fender website).
      I bought this around 5 years ago from a fellow bass chatter. Originally intended as a back up to my American standard Jazz bass, this has seen hardly any use apart from a once over every 6 months to make sure it’s still in tune. Never gigged and has always been stored in the gig bag in my bedroom (hence the great condition).

I’m based in Shtrewsbury by the way. The reason for sale is I’ve got my eye on something expensive and so have to let some things go to fund it.
      Collection is great, but can courier at buyers expense.
      Look out for other for sale posts today or tomorrow, as I'm also selling a Genz Benz Streamliner 900, Barefaced Big Baby 2 (gen 3), Stagg EUB with lots of goodies, and a Phil Jones Bass double four.
      Thanks for viewing.

• By Mikkel-S
      TRADED

Updated with cash price. 
      1550€ or approx 1375£.

I might regret this.. But sudden urges towards getting the right P or maybe a PJ bass have made me wanna try making it real. So, my beloved Fender Roscoe Beck .. VERY VERY good condition. One mark on the fretboard and 1 or 2 un-photographable tiny marks in the paint ( you can't really see them!) .. Only thing to mention is a ding in the fretboard - that's really all there is to note! (See pic).
      These are becoming rare! And in my view the 4 string is super rare.
      This one has that awesome Lake Placid Blue finish with matching headstock.. Whats not to like. 
      It is a very powerful bass that has a really broad range of tones. Fits in about any musical setting I have thrown at it. Very resonant and lively bass with a super playable neck. Setup with DR Pure Blues.
      It weighs in at 4.160gr and its a super resonant and lively bass. 
      Bass is located in Denmark. 
      Trades: The right Fender P could do the trick.. Or maybe some other high end versions of the P or a PJ bass could also catch my eye. Also, special Stingrays or maybe a short scale like a Fender Mustang. 

TRADED
    • By Andinio
      Fender American Standard Jazz Bass, 2012. Made in USA.  £800.
      Immaculate condition - no dings.  It has benefited from a professional set-up and fret-dress by Dave Walsh at Eternal Guitars in Chichester so is buttery smooth with a low action.  Comes in molded case with case candy including a lead, as well as the original white pickguard.   
      Prefer local pickup from Chichester (evenings / weekend) or Winchester (office hours).  Will send by courier at fully-insured cost. 
      No trades, thanks.