Why become a member? ×

Wiring for 1v 2t 1b

fleabag

First, i need to ask , is 1 Vol,  2 Tone, and 1 balance / blend possible ? It's for a 2 humbucker / soapbar bass.

The reason i want 2 tone pots, is so i can have a 250k pot on the neck pup and 500k on the bridge pup.

The balance could be a switch, but i'd prefer a pot as it would fit the existing hole. A switch won't and will cause a headache

Then after all  that, most tone pots seem to have a .22 or .47 resistors attached, so i also need to know which value i'd need for each tone pot. Suggestions ?

And should i go for all Log taper or mix n match Log + Lin ?

I'd also need some wizard leccy guru to draw a wiring diag for moi, as i dont have the knowledge  :crazy:

TVM !!

No problem at all. You simply have to route the signal to the LIN tone pots with the values you want for resistors (250 KOhms + 500 KOhms) and the capacitors (22 nF + 47 nF) then go to the balance (2 x 500 KOhms LOG as they are humbuckers) and then the master volume (500 KOhms LOG). Easy, no ?

Ok, I'll draw you a wiring diagram later if you repeat 7 times before your mirror "Slim face". :biggrin:

Edited by Hellzero
n for nanofarads and not u, habits, bloody habits.

I did use the net. All i got was seymour duncan guitar schematics.

That link looks exactly what i need. Though i will be using 250k on the neck pup. I already have a bass with 250k pot on the neck and i prefer it.

Although there's no mention of cap values.

Edited by fleabag

Good cap values would be 22 nF (nanofarads) for the 250 KOhms and 47 nF for the 500 KOhms, but you can try a 22 nF if you need extra sparkle for the bridge pickup.

Did you say it ? The magic word...

Edited by Hellzero
n for nanofarads and not u, habits, bloody habits.

On 14/04/2018 at 14:32, Hellzero said:

Good cap values would be 22 uF (nanofarads) for the 250 KOhms and 47 uF for the 500 KOhms, but you can try a 22 uF if you need extra sparkle for the bridge 

Don’t you mean microfarads.

nF is Nano and pF is Pico.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bartelby said:

Don’t you mean microfarads.

nF is Nano and pF is Pico.

13 hours ago, Hellzero said:

At least, someone is reading, it's nanofarads, but habits made me type uF (microfarad) instead of nF. Correction is made. Thanks.

I didn't want say... :D

On 18/04/2018 at 16:18, Hellzero said:

I'm certainly not the best, but thanks to you to you for thanking me. B|

i learn from reading schematics and I learned from this discussion so I will join in the "thank you" chorus also.

If I say it again, i will make up for @fleabag not doing do. ^_^

• Like 1