Why become a member? ×

NAD - and bit of a clean up diary - Trace AH600SMX

ianrendall

On 4/13/2018 at 15:58, ianrendall said:

Well, as old Trace gear is only going to become more scarce, then perhaps you can justify having more by calling yourself a Trace Elliot archivist?

Totally agree - if I had more space I'd have more TE gear.

On 4/13/2018 at 09:13, ianrendall said:

Got Stole this off a friend for the bargain price of £150 yesterday! FIXED!!

If you're after a lightweight cab that will compliment the classic Trace Elliot vocabulary can I recommend a Vanderkley...

3 minutes ago, Deedee said:

And for my current graphic image ..............

A3A96D4A-08A4-4C15-A65B-0A4BB6FFCD1A.jpeg

I shall have a go with that when I get a chance. 

Can you tell me, the EQ level control, what does it do, in layman’s terms? Does it mix between dry (0, no EQ) and wet (10, all EQ)?

14 minutes ago, ianrendall said:

Can you tell me, the EQ level control, what does it do, in layman’s terms? Does it mix between dry (0, no EQ) and wet (10, all EQ)?

Yes the graphic eq level does exactly that.

10 minutes ago, ianrendall said:

I understand the level control to be for when you want (or don’t want) a different volume level when switching between the graphic and a preshape. 

I don’t hugely boost or cut the graphic, so just leave the level on full and the output volume remains the same on graphic or pre.

I could of course be completely wrong........

9 hours ago, Deedee said:

Here you go ....

A62243CE-A950-427D-961F-CEA269CF1799.png

Superb thank you!

Another question. There should be four rubber feets on the side of the case. They are absent on mine but the original screws and washers are plugging the holes. Can anyone tell me the diameter and height of rubber feets needed?

Edited by ianrendall

1 hour ago, ianrendall said:

Superb thank you!

Another question. There should be four rubber feets on the side of the case. They are absent on mine but the original screws and washers are plugging the holes. Can anyone tell me the diameter and height of rubber feets needed?

The ones on my AH200 are 25mm diameter and 7mm deep, while the hole is 10mm entry (or roughly the same size as the washers, obviously!) and 5mm exit.

• Thanks 1

I notice everyone seems to be boosting their EQs quite radically! I prefer to cut, me. I have just a small boost (+ 1-2 dB) over 0dB at 100Hz but otherwise everything is cut. It's not like you need to boost the EQ to get volume, is it? :D

TE-GP7.jpg

Edited by discreet

I have +3dB on the 100Hz, +6dB on the 180Hz & 1.3kHz. Graphic on full, preshape one engaged. Compression normally kept 50/50, low at around 80% and high around 60% - man I love the squish! I'll adjust the 30Hz depending on the room acoustics to suit but spends most of its time at 0. Valve blend at 100% also. 

I'm in need of some cash and was actually going to punt the Gp12SMX as my TE V4 is my main amp and I've an Elf for backup/portability when required. Had a go last night to test it out and it was too good to part with.... Maybe if I can try out a Transit Bso I know whether or not I can get that sound for sure I'll part ways... 

On 13/04/2018 at 10:47, ianrendall said:

The buttocks. 

983D0FDF-901F-4481-B389-66E1ADBF6E15.jpeg

That's a fantastic amp, but for the love of whatever deity you believe in, tape off those XLR speaker outputs before you kill a soundman. :$:D

• Like 1