Why become a member? ×

NAD - and bit of a clean up diary - Trace AH600SMX

ianrendall

2 minutes ago, RandomBass said:

Oh stinky poo I've just had another major amp overhang OCD moment. Dark room. Rest. Scotch. Sorted, ish.

The overhang is quite serious. Even the amp feets aren’t on the cab. I may have to rotate the cab (it has dual sets of feet’s). But then the logo will be wrong. 

19 minutes ago, ianrendall said:

The overhang is quite serious. Even the amp feets aren’t on the cab. I may have to rotate the cab (it has dual sets of feet’s). But then the logo will be wrong. 

For God's sake put the amp on the deck and put the cab on top, horizontally, before my brain explodes! The logo doesn't matter!

Or have the amp on the floor in front of you, like a giant stomp pedal!

26 minutes ago, ianrendall said:

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the correct footswitch for this amp? A link to a sold item would be fine just so I know what to look for or just a picture or model number. 

One of these.  Just switches the graphic and preshapes on and off.  I don’t think it switches between preshapes iirc but I may be wrong 🤔

245A71E7-1391-4102-8DE2-35CA5F36448E.jpeg

Edited by Deedee

30 minutes ago, discreet said:

For God's sake put the amp on the deck and put the cab on top, horizontally, before my brain explodes! The logo doesn't matter!

Or have the amp on the floor in front of you, like a giant stomp pedal!

Another option is get another BF Midget...

16 minutes ago, Deedee said:

One of these.  Just switches the graphic and preshapes on and off.  I don’t think it switches between preshapes iirc but I may be wrong 🤔

245A71E7-1391-4102-8DE2-35CA5F36448E.jpeg

Yes I have two of these things. Just switches the graphic or preshape. Doesn't switch between preshapes though, just on or off.

1 hour ago, ianrendall said:

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the correct footswitch for this amp? A link to a sold item would be fine just so I know what to look for or just a picture or model number. 

I don't know if this is any good? Does the FW need to be amp specific?

4 minutes ago, RandomBass said:

Nooooooooo. Heavy amp, light cabs. Two Midgets on their sides with the TE atop. Will scare people. Just make sure you use each Midget on its own amp channel for max heft.

A Trace cab would be fine for me. If you carry it. :crazy:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RandomBass said:

Nooooooooo. Heavy amp, light cabs. Two Midgets on their sides with the TE atop. Will scare people. Just make sure you use each Midget on its own amp channel for max heft.

This is the way to go.  I’ve used various TE heads with lightweight cabs from Bf (Super 12, Super Twin, Big Baby II, Conpacts).

However, to retain some aural elements of older cabs (to my ears anyway) the Bergantino NV115 takes some beating. With my 250 SMX it just sounds exactly how I want it to sound I.e. not too ‘hi-fi’ but with clarity and great on stage dispersion of sound.

Loving  it  😁

6 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

I avoid hangover OCD by still being blind-drunk in the morning!

Reminds of a couple of my students when I was a college teacher in Finland. Two girls showed up late and the worse for wear for a class, and their excuse was that my classes started too early. I pointed out that this class started at two pm, and that they shouldn't show up to class with a hangover. One of them kind of looked in my general direction, trying to focus, and slurred out 'We're not hungover, we're still drunk'.  I laughed then and still laugh now. Hard to be angry with that logic!!

Can I just confirm something that’s been niggling. 

I plugged my cab into one of the speaker outputs on the rear panel, let’s say the left output. There is no sound unless I turn up the left line out volume control on the rear panel, regardless of the volume on the front panel.  Is this normal operation?