Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn
£150

No. 8 Wire

Modded Harley Benton PB50 - £150 Shipped UK.

I realise I'm asking more than they sell for new, but a lot of work has gone into this and if I can't get the price I'd probably rather keep it.

Lots of info on basschat on these basses, so I'll just go into the mods:

Neck stripped and refinished in tru oil
Light fret dress (last 2 frets were high)
Full length neck shim
Fender Jaguar bridge mute fitted (£30)
Wilkinson brass saddle bridge (£10)
Brass nut (£10)
Seymour Duncan SCPB2 (£30)

Original Wilkinson Pickup and Bridge will be shipped with the bass.  Currently strung with D'Addario nickel rounds.

Includes a tatty, slightly warped but serviceable hard case and UK insured shipping.

With the Original pickup fitted you could knock £30 off the asking price.

Im on the Isle of Wight so in the unlikely event you are local for pickup, take £20 off.  Any Questions, please ask, Dan

https://photos.app.goo.gl/87JOhPPj9Wkr4bat2 

Edited by No. 8 Wire
  • Like 1

I think someone will be getting a bargain here! I've got one of these that I plan on modding, and apart from a set of decent strings and a few tweaks with an allen key, it wanted for nothing from new to be a very usable bass. This should be a little belter with the work listed here already done. GLWTS

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, b7l4s said:

I think someone will be getting a bargain here! I've got one of these that I plan on modding, and apart from a set of decent strings and a few tweaks with an allen key, it wanted for nothing from new to be a very usable bass. This should be a little belter with the work listed here already done. GLWTS

Thanks very much, it's a great bass, but I'm emigrating later in the year (hopefully) so reducing to the absolute minimum.  That said it will be hard to let this go because of of the work put in.  Great experience doing it though, in think I'll try building one from stratch once I've moved.  Good luck with modding yours.

I've got one of these for playing in the house (unmodded), worth twice the price and once set up easily worthy of gigging. Harley Bentons are amazing for twice their price ( not one for gear snobs but that's their loss), if i didn't already have one i would be severely tempted by this. GLWTS.

Edited by bassdrummer
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bassdrummer said:

I've got one of these for playing in the house (unmodded), worth twice the price and once set up easily worthy of gigging. Harley Bentons are amazing for twice their price ( not one for gear snobs but that's their loss), if i didn't already have one i would be severely tempted by this. GLWTS.

I agree with that - they do take some setting up out of the box even if you have a good one.

I forgot to mention it above, but I've mildly rolled the fretboard edges on this and dressed the fret ends and that makes a big difference in the playability.  They are never going to be a shredder because of the tree trunk neck, but that just adds to the charm I think.

Replied to all PMs.

I'm not sure I'm ready to let this go yet. I had a play today for 10 minutes and it's too good for the money!  Plus there are some more mods I'd like to try.

I'm going to withdraw it for now and think about it some more.

Thanks for the interest, Dan

• MB1 locked this topic