Why become a member? ×

Anyone got the Darkglass Plug-ins yet?!

CalDeep

Alright dudes! I was excited to find that Darkglass have teamed up with Neural to great a Darkglass VMT/B7K Plugin. Anyone got it? Ill be getting the trial next week when I've got time to have a good play. Just wanted to know if anyones got it and has any thoughts? 

Cheers dudes! 

18 hours ago, BigRedX said:

I wouldn't touch any software that needs iLok with a bargepole.

You don’t need the iLok itself, just the iLok License Manager software.

As a ProTools user, I get the hate for the iLok but sadly also it’s the only way to legitimately run ProTools, unless there are workarounds out there I haven’t bothered looking up.

18 hours ago, BigRedX said:

I wouldn't touch any software that needs iLok with a bargepole.

You don’t need the iLok itself, just the iLok License Manager software.

As a ProTools user, I get the hate for the iLok but sadly also it’s the only way to legitimately run ProTools, unless there are workarounds out there I haven’t bothered looking up.

EDIT: I downloaded the trial and it’s awesome. Instead of running a parallel channel with a bunch of plugins trying to mimic the B7K metal tone, I can drop one instance of the Neural plugin on my bass channel and get the sound I’m looking for. Sounds just like the pedals I’ve heard in tons and tons of videos. I’ve never owned a Darkglass pedal, but I’ll likely buy the plugin for £99.

• Like 1

I have Line 6 Native and will be looking forward to trying the DG plug in out too. I also use the awesome Positive Grid BIAS 2 and BIAS FX apps on my studio box. It'll be interesting to compare!

• 1 month later...

I normally use a B7K and now recently also a VMTU v2 and after trying out the VMTU-plug during a recording session, I am sold. The sound engineer was super happy too. €99 for the VMTU and B7KU is good value for money. 

• 1 year later...

I've been using and have reviewed the DarkGlass Ultra (which I think will be out in an up coming issue soon). It is very good indeed, but like Bigwan, the announcement that Parallax has landed has me very interested as it seems to encompass lots of "building blocks" that I have been using in my rack set ups and more recently smaller gear configurations for well over 20 years!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 29/06/2019 at 17:16, Bigwan said:

I notice Neural have a new plugin for bass - Parallax. 

https://neuraldsp.com/products/parallax/

I'm no fan of Darkglass products really (undoubtedly darkglass based) but this could be a must buy for me! Ticks SO many boxes... 

Did you get Parallax? I did.... Absolute game changer. 

43 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I might have to get a couple of the demos to see what the fuss is about. I've got a great pair of monitors and a halfway decent interface so this could be fun.

They're so good they prompted me to upgrade my audio interface so I could enjoy them with lower latency than my old USB2 one could manage...

• Like 1

An update to my previous post: I have now recorded reviews of the Darkglass Ultra plug-in and Parallax. I don't think the Parallax review is live yet though.  Both are excellent plug-ins!!!