Why become a member? ×

Gene Simmons: “Studio bassists who play with their fingers live have no idea that we can’t hear what they’re playing”

SeeBread

I like pick.. I like fingerstyle. not brilliant with a pick as I have always played fingerstyle. Prehaps someone should inform Steve Harris and John Entwistle (by medium!) that they cant be heard and Gene Simmins knows best...

I was listening to old rush live videos earlier (was looking for something specific and can't bear to listen to the new ones). Obviously he is a finger player and there is no trouble him being heard, but I noticed the tour around the power windows time, when he is playing with a wal his sound is much clearer than all the others. Not sure if it is the wal or the amps were better, but it cuts through much better than the jazz bass later or the rick earlier

8 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Not at all (at least, not until today. I may have started something, though :hi: ...). It's merely a reflection of the 'important' stuff posted in today's enlightened, heady topics, whereby no fluffy animals are harmed; quite the opposite. The plight of the Rest of the World has been quite firmly put on a back-burner. Progress, I suppose. :|

Thing is, the plight of the Rest of the World is vanishingly unimportant to me and - in truth - most people if they were honest with themselves. Frankly, the Rest of the World can sort its plight out for itself. I mean,  you don't see the oppressed indigenous people of the Amazon working themselves into a lather over 'austerity' in the UK and a good thing too. As Pangloss remarked: 'il faut cultiver notre jardin'.

2 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Thing is, the plight of the Rest of the World is vanishingly unimportant to me and - in truth - most people if they were honest with themselves. Frankly, the Rest of the World can sort its plight out for itself. I mean,  you don't see the oppressed indigenous people of the Amazon working themselves into a lather over 'austerity' in the UK and a good thing too. As Pangloss remarked: 'il faut cultiver notre jardin'.

I'd not argue against Voltaire, of course, but banter, jibing and general reflection of the State of the World has been a modest part of this forum for quite some time. I wouldn't like to see BC turn its gaze too far in towards itself. An outward glance now and again, is all. Too much for some, maybe, though.

20 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

I'd not argue against Voltaire, of course, but banter, jibing and general reflection of the State of the World has been a modest part of this forum for quite some time. I wouldn't like to see BC turn its gaze too far in towards itself. An outward glance now and again, is all. Too much for some, maybe, though.

:) Nothing I like more than a bit of subversion, particularly when it is expressed so cryptically. The offishul posishion on politics has waxed and waned, twisted and turned. My great pleasure is the shock and awe unleashed when someone expresses an unfashionable view which runs counter to popular wisdom (oxymoron).

28 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

I mean,  you don't see the oppressed indigenous people of the Amazon working themselves into a lather over 'austerity' in the UK and a good thing too.

They are too busy racing up and down the racks in order to fill their beige boxes to give a hoot

Just now, Norris said:

They are too busy racing up and down the racks in order to fill their beige boxes to give a hoot

You may jest but I expect that Mr Jeff Bezos is even now contemplating opening a distribution warehouse somewhere in South America, this to be staffed by indigenous Amazonian headhunters. He will doubtless pay them with cheap trinkets and gew-gaws as did the colonials of old; the natives in turn will fête Bezos as a God and erect fetishes in his honour.

It will all go swimmingly until Bezos one day oversteps some arcane, unspoken religious rule or observance; then - sickened of their labour and his exploitation - Amazon's Amazon Indians will rise up as one and hunt Bezos down, tearing him to bloody rags with their spears and their sharpened, pointed teeth.

Capitalism's not all beer and skittles, you know.

• Haha 2