Why become a member? ×

Roy Orbison hologram show. Anybody been?

solo4652

After that album with the RPO I really want Roy to be left as we remember him, rather than 

another cash in like Elvis. Not sure a hologram show is really doing that.

It will be 30 years ago in December since he died, aged 52. Anyone wanting to see Roy in concert

could do a lot worse than just buy the DVD ‘A Black and White Night’. Filmed in 1987, it

features a lot of guest musicians and shows Roy still at his best.

Although I like a few of the Big O's records, and he had a great voice, I thought he was an awful live performer, no movement, no interaction with the audience, completely lacking in any personality, (from the clips I've seen) why would you want to go to see a hologram of him is beyond me

15 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

Although I like a few of the Big O's records, and he had a great voice, I thought he was an awful live performer, no movement, no interaction with the audience, completely lacking in any personality, (from the clips I've seen) why would you want to go to see a hologram of him is beyond me

Perhaps a cardboard cut out?

• Like 1

On 13/04/2018 at 08:48, PaulWarning said:

Apparently, offstage he was a real riot. Onstage, he was extremely shy. I think a lot of people think he had eyesight problems because of the dark glasses, but in reality he was hiding behind them. 

11 minutes ago, ianrendall said:

Apparently, offstage he was a real riot. Onstage, he was extremely shy. I think a lot of people think he had eyesight problems because of the dark glasses, but in reality he was hiding behind them. 

I thought, my memory isn’t what it was so forgive me if I’m wrong, either McCartney or Harrison had sat on his glasses and broke them? He only had his prescription sunglasses left to go on stage, so wore them so he could at least make out the rest of the band. Once he’d wore them once, he carried on wearing them for the rest of the tour.