Why become a member? ×

ToneLib editor for Zoom pedals (B3n, B1Xon, B1on and MS-60B)"

dave_bass5

I came across this on Talkbass (im spending too much time there lately)

Its a free program for Windows/Mac that allows us to go deep in to pedals like the 60B and edit the tones in real time. Looks pretty cool.

I should say ive not yet tried it myself, but will do at the weekend.

http://tonelib.net/

Original TB thread here

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/free-editor-for-zoom-pedals-b1on-b1xon-ms-60b.1334064/

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've just downloaded this and had a quick play on my MS-60B and it's great, so simple and intuitive to use and much easier for editing than the limitations of the Zoom interface.

Hats off to the guy who developed it :hi: 

Just need to figure out a way to drag my desktop along so that I can programme the pedal at a rehearsal xD

Cheers Dave - good shout! Given Osiris' positive reaction above, this should add another cool layer to using and getting the most out of my MS-60B (and also my B3n when he's tweaked it for that). Looking forward to giving it a spin over the weekend.

Btw - I think it does a LOT more than just letting you edit 'tones'. I particularly like the ability for us Zoom users to be sharing patches; that is going to take things to whole new level of fun / usefulness I suspect!

ToneLib

The ToneLib is an easy-to-use application which allows you to see, change and save all the settings in your Zoom pedal through your computer. You can also create complete back-ups of all the tones in your device and go back to them whenever you like. You can even share your patches with others or use a cool patch someone else created.

screenshot_big.png
Edited by Al Krow

Well, I was excited to see this. I got it to work once with the B3n. Oh joy! Worked a treat, editing patches was a breeze..

Second time, the B3n wouldn't connect, with a no device found message. Dang. I

wonder if the tiny USB socket on the Zoom is a bit flaky, because it would not connect to the Zoom Guitar Lab editor AT ALL.

Any other B3n owners have a problem connecting via USB?

On 16/04/2018 at 11:51, songofthewind said:

Well, I was excited to see this. I got it to work once with the B3n. Oh joy! Worked a treat, editing patches was a breeze..

Second time, the B3n wouldn't connect, with a no device found message. Dang. I

wonder if the tiny USB socket on the Zoom is a bit flaky, because it would not connect to the Zoom Guitar Lab editor AT ALL.

Any other B3n owners have a problem connecting via USB?

Just tried it out with my B3n and MS-60B - no problems at all; as folk have remarked it's a real treat to use. So I think you may have a dodgy USB cable or socket, as you've suspected.

I edited about 15 patches on my B3n adding the Low EQ shelf cut to cut out crud below 20Hz - it took less than half the time and effort to do that with ToneLib compared to doing on the B3n, and then dead easy to back everything up afterwards. I think this editing software is going to give a new lease of life / add a lot of fun to using both my B3n and MS-60B (which has a more fiddly interface than the B3n, so the benefit of ToneLib will be even greater with that).

Edited by Al Krow

On 12/04/2018 at 18:04, Osiris said:

Just need to figure out a way to drag my desktop along so that I can programme the pedal at a rehearsal xD

You should check out this thing these dudes have invented**. I think it's called a "laptop" :D

**originally by a chap called Adam Osborne, I believe, first released back in April 1981

3 hours ago, songofthewind said:

Well, it turns out my usb cables were ALL flaky. Got one that worked, all problems solved.

I vastly prefer Denis’ Tonelib to the Zoom app. Much easier to use. I am loving the B3n.

That's good news!

You prefer the ToneLib to the updated Zoom app? I've also decided to settle on ToneLib as it can deal with both my B3n and MS-60B whereas the updated Zoom app does not (I understand) have a MS-60B editor. 

Hi all !

Can anyone out there send me the effects and their settings for the B3n factory patch 59, "Fretless" ?

I have changed it but before I had saved the original and also I appear to have deleted the whole factory patch pool. I know I can re-initialise the factory settings but that would mean writing all my (many) user patches down in long-hand so that I could put them back on the B3n.

It would be a lot easier if I could just write the original back into patch 59.

Anyone who could do this for me would make an old man very happy !!

@dave_bass5

Morning buddy! A request from me, if I may: would you mind changing the title of this thread as it's actually not correct at the moment - the Zoom B3 is the one Zoom multifx that ToneLib doesn't cater for!

Maybe something like:

"ToneLib editor for Zoom pedals (B3n, B1Xon, B1on and MS-60B)"

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@dave_bass5

Morning buddy! A request from me, if I may: would you mind changing the title of this thread as it's actually not correct at the moment - the Zoom B3 is the one Zoom multifx that ToneLib doesn't cater for!

Maybe something like:

"ToneLib editor for Zoom pedals (B3n, B1Xon, B1on and MS-60B)"

Cheers!

Done. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, B.Flat said:

Hi Al Krow,

thanks, the old man is significantly happier now !!

You have saved me a lot of time ( and I don't know how much I've got !)

My pleasure. Have you downloaded the ToneLib editor yet? It's giving me a new lease of life with my two Zoom pedals - and definitely another source of time saving :) 

On 5/7/2018 at 23:57, Al Krow said:

My pleasure. Have you downloaded the ToneLib editor yet? It's giving me a new lease of life with my two Zoom pedals - and definitely another source of time saving :) 

Yes, I have downloaded and find the same as you, with my B3n & B1on.

One other question. When I was deliberating between B3 or B3n I was sure a trawl had brought up a fairly realistic acoustic upright bass patch. However, forgetting to mark it I cannot find it again.

Has anyone else found it and, if yes, could you please put the location up on here?

So my Zoom MS-60B has gone from zero to hero in the space of week with much of the credit to the ToneLib editor! Getting into the detail of patch editing is now easy and fun (was pretty laborious previously).

20 effects patches loaded (even including a bit crusher which I thought I could never see myself using live, but combined with the 'dirty-gate' and either an octave or subby EQ, it's pretty lush!)

Interspersed with 6 "emptys" (well actually HPF patches) = 26 in total, so I can assign for each letter of the alphabet => easy to scroll through these 26 patches with the stomp footswitch 

Edited by Al Krow

Fresh from the TB forum:

ToneLib 2.5.580 is available for download. ToneLib gets a significant number of bug fixes and a bunch of features and improvements as highlighted below:

+add: support the Patch Sharing Service
( How to use, How to share )

+add: support the Tuner for G3n/G3Xn/G5n/B3n with the latest firmware
+add: support the Tap Tempo for G3n/G3Xn/G5n/B3n with the latest firmware
+add: support the Rhythm effect for G3n/G3Xn/G5n/B3n with the latest firmware
+fix: G1on<->G1Xon and B1on<->B1Xon patch conversion
+fix: MS-60B and MS-50G: some effect parameter bugs fixed
+fix: G1Xon Pedal parameter bugs fixed
+fix: some OSX visual bugs fixed

Cheers!

@Osiris PS the guy developing the ToneLib product has also just said: 

"The Zoom B3 remains at the top my to-do list."

That's got to be good news for all you B3 owners! (And actually likely to steal a further march on Zoom's own editor which is not being made available for the B3, as they're obviously keen to push the 'in production' B3n, for very understandable commercial reasons)

Edited by Al Krow