Why become a member? ×

Tech21 VT-Bass preamp/overdrive pedal, v2, + DI (Putnam Mod) *** SOLD ***
£120

mcnach

It looks like my trusty VT-Bass pedal is no longer needed.

This is the v2 version, with defeatable speaker simulation, and has had a DI XLR out added by Putnam Guitars.

It comes with the original metal box... and instructions if I find them (available as PDF anyway)

Used, but in good condition. Pictures to follow!

£100 (+£5 postage if needed)

Edited by mcnach

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY... some pictures, so you can see it's in pretty good cosmetic condition (and otherwise too). The sticker is what Putnam adds to their mods and you can see where the DI socket (XLR) is installed.

The little sheet of instructions was inside the metal box after all. :)

20180422_180036.jpg?dl=1

20180422_180210.jpg?dl=1

20180422_180101.jpg?dl=1

20180422_180118.jpg?dl=1

20180422_180134.jpg?dl=1

That's a very neat job those Putnam boys have done!

Out of interest what did they charge for adding the XLR DI out?

I can think of a couple of pedals where that could come in very handy, not least my Zoom B3n...

4 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

That's a very neat job those Putnam boys have done!

Out of interest what did they charge for adding the XLR DI out?

I can think of a couple of pedals where that could come in very handy, not least my Zoom B3n...

A Zoom B3n with DI would be a terrific FX box indeed!

I don't remember what they used to charge. I had a VT-Bass that I was looking at having it done, but before I made up my mind, this one appeared for sale in here and I bought it. So I had two of these for a while. They were my source of overdrive for the RATM band, one set with low gain and fat, and another higher gain and treblier. Because they have a built-in speaker simulation they actually sound pretty good when you go DI. With other pedals you sound great when you hear your amp, but unless you mic the cab, when you engage the distortion it sounds often too fizzy out in front. I have an OmniCabSim for speaker simulation, so I can use any overdrive pedal I want now :)

I recently got the SA Aftershock and the idea is to use that instead of the VT-Bass, as I sometimes want slightly different flavours of dirt, and the Aftershock gives me that and more (if I get around to reading the manual! :D ) plus presets... but I do miss being able to see where the knobs are set up at a glance, as on the VT-Bass... so I might end up keeping it if nobody wants it. You can never have enough dirt boxes, right? ;)

• Thanks 1

On 22/04/2018 at 18:37, mcnach said:

A Zoom B3n with DI would be a terrific FX box indeed!

I don't remember what they used to charge. I had a VT-Bass that I was looking at having it done, but before I made up my mind, this one appeared for sale in here and I bought it. So I had two of these for a while. They were my source of overdrive for the RATM band, one set with low gain and fat, and another higher gain and treblier. Because they have a built-in speaker simulation they actually sound pretty good when you go DI. With other pedals you sound great when you hear your amp, but unless you mic the cab, when you engage the distortion it sounds often too fizzy out in front. I have an OmniCabSim for speaker simulation, so I can use any overdrive pedal I want now :)

I recently got the SA Aftershock and the idea is to use that instead of the VT-Bass, as I sometimes want slightly different flavours of dirt, and the Aftershock gives me that and more (if I get around to reading the manual! :D ) plus presets... but I do miss being able to see where the knobs are set up at a glance, as on the VT-Bass... so I might end up keeping it if nobody wants it. You can never have enough dirt boxes, right? ;)

Id like it! But after just coming back from my holidays, cash is non existent,unless i sell something 😁

4 hours ago, mcnach said:

Pah... holidays? where are your priorities???

:P

I know! The fact my kids have cleaned me out for the next three months,shouldn't affect my ability to emulute warm Ampeg tones whilst giving a low impedance signal to the soundman 😔

Its a bargain and i want it,so time to decide whats to flog 😁

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, lee650 said:

I know! The fact my kids have cleaned me out for the next three months,shouldn't affect my ability to emulute warm Ampeg tones whilst giving a low impedance signal to the soundman 😔

Its a bargain and i want it,so time to decide whats to flog 😁

As long as it’s not your Mastotron!