Why become a member? ×

Praise for Wunjo

tobiewharton

I recently bought a bass from Wunjo and had the best buying experience I've ever had.  The guys were helpful and 'appropriately attentive' when I first visited; did me a great deal when I called to order a similar model to one I tried (offering alternatives on loan when the order time was longer than expected too - I didn't need to take up the offer, but appreciated what is surely beyond the call of duty) and specific delivery requirements were no trouble. 

After disappointing shenanigans with various shops and online retailers in recent years, this was a  breath of fresh air - I felt looked after by real people, who cared about their customers.  I will go out of my way (I live in Manchester) to give them my custom again in the future.  All in all, a confidence-restoring experience with a real music shop.  

Cheers Wunjo!

Tobie

• Like 5

I can whole-heartedly agree with all of the above. I’ve only ever bought pedals and accessories from Wunjo but they’ve been incredibly accommodating whenever I’ve showed up wanting to try basses or amps. Always willing to cut a deal on multiple purchases too, which is always refreshing and has often tempted me toward a buy. Great guys all round.

I've had the same experience with both the Wunjo bass and guitar shops. Bought way too much from them, and occasionally cleared some space by part exchanging gear I could no longer accommodate. It's always a joy to pop in and have a chat / nose around / try stuff. 

8 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

Great shop. Were on the ball when I had trouble with my SUB at Xmas. Top folk. 

Likewise, I was very pleased that the "two years' free service" they always talk about at the till is always properly honoured. They were really helpful when the preamp was on the blink in my Corvette a couple of years ago - sadly, compared to some other retailers (not just of guitars), it seemed like a nice touch that they phoned me up to apologise for a bit of a delay because they'd had to order in a replacement part!

Unfortunately I think I might have been in there too often - I phoned ahead last time to see about part-exchanging a bass, and I think the guy recognised my voice...

Edited by EliasMooseblaster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, afterimage said:

looking forward to a visit in June 

That's planning a fair ways out, isn't it? I'm unfortunate in that Wunjo is about a mile from my work location, and on my route home. I do accidentally have to pop in every now and then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well this thread was in the back of my mind when I was looking for a new P bass. Found one online, emailed the guys, got a great deal and after a chat over the phone pulled the trigger on a '73 p in mocha finish. Apparently it's a shop fave and they're sad to see it go, which sounds great to me. Even got lots of pics and a sound clip with one of the guys playing it. 

Great customer service and yeah a 3 year warranty and servicing, outstanding. I will be visiting next time I'm down south.

Long live the humble but brilliant music shops👊🏻

• Like 3

I bought a Fender Mustang from Wunjo this week. A great shopping experience from start to finish. Great friendly service and they know their stuff. We should all make the effort to support them when we have a gas attack.

• Like 1

I visited Wunjo two months ago when I was in London for the LBGS, and the guy there was really nice, and although he knew I wasn't going to buy a bass he took the time to have a chat about vintage basses, Yamaha TRBs and so on. Very nice guy and if I had budget for a new bass while in London (or in the area) I'd certainly visit Wunjo.

• 2 weeks later...