Why become a member? ×

High end rig ??

Basstech21

On 25/04/2018 at 21:18, Hellzero said:

If you have the money and the back, go for Glockenklang. I have used their gear, and now I'm playing an AER BassCube, because it's quite light and ultra powerful for broken backs. B|

Not sure if I'm allowed to advertise, but my Glock 410 is in the for sale section

6 hours ago, Basstech21 said:

... I use a Genz Benz Streamliner ( backup) and an Aguilar 751. Am thinking about 4x barefaced 4x10s...

I reckon you're set with that amp. The DB751 would be hard to beat through Barefaced 10's. 

Was 4 410's a typo?

I'm not sure what gigs anyone can be doing that would need more than 2 Four10's. Anything bigger than that and the FOH should take over. 4 would look impressive but you couldn't plug them all in or you'd start doing structural damage.

I'm currently using 2 Two10s and I can get louder than a stupidly loud thing. Certainly sounds nice, fat and punchy on every gig so far.

21 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I reckon you're set with that amp. The DB751 would be hard to beat through Barefaced 10's. 

Was 4 410's a typo?

I'm not sure what gigs anyone can be doing that would need more than 2 Four10's. Anything bigger than that and the FOH should take over. 4 would look impressive but you couldn't plug them all in or you'd start doing structural damage.

I'm currently using 2 Two10s and I can get louder than a stupidly loud thing. Certainly sounds nice, fat and punchy on every gig so far.

+1 to all the above. 

8 hours ago, Basstech21 said:

.... I use... an Aguilar 751. 

You're using arguably one of the finest amp heads in the market today and just need to pair it with a great cab! Interested in what sort of music your playing and what the rest of the line up is?

Here's a couple of Aguilar 751 pairings that seem to work really well. The second I heard live at the Jazz Cafe in London - it's Miles Mosley's rig and he and his band are just awesome.

Aguilar DB751 rig (KennyG).jpg

Rig - Miles Mosley.jpg

Edited by Al Krow

On 08/04/2018 at 20:51, Basstech21 said:

What do you think guys?

I want to upgrade my rig to a 900 - 1000 RMS  amp and 2 -cab (4x10) + (2x10) set up.

Tried out ampeg SVT - not impressed.

Mesa + Eden are in the running.... V impressed with WT Eden & cabs though....(  OR Barefaced??)  HELP!!!!!!!!!

JB 

So you've got a top end amp already - if you like the Eden sound look at Thunderfunk as it's a similar amp but done really well. 

But it's not an upgrade, it's just a different sound. Cab wise I personally would just buy barefaced but use your ears and decide what you like!